Stock dogbones on E-Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Justin

Does anyone make upgrades for the plastic dog bones that the e-Savage comes with? Myself and many others have experienced breakages. LMK

Hey Justin as of the current time the only comapny that has a upgrade is kershaw !!
let me start by saying this for them I love there stuff but They take way to long to get it !!
i have been on the Esavage fourm looking for the same thing and everyon has the same issue !!
It is time that we get with a vendor and fix this problem asap !!
I can honestly say from talking with other esavy owners that they are sick and tiered of this breakage !!
Some are now looking at the Emaxx for its water proff and all !!
I hope HPI can come up with something quick to resolve this !!
Talk at ya later !!
Brett

yeah Hitman, you were one of the people that ii was referring to in having problems. I did a google search and found this on addicted 2 RC:http://www.addicted2rc.com/E_Savage.html but it is just as much as a new RTR savvy 4.6!! John Schultz at HPI runs a Novak 4.5 BL motor with stock plastic. Don't know how.?? I have 4 e-savages and was intent on making them all beasts, but it would be so much easier to buy emaxxes or revo e conversions. The battery trays on the esavvy are less than ideal too. I'll drop a line to STRC to see if they plan to make CVD's or something.

STRC said they do not have plans to make upgraded driveshafts for the e-savvy. The truck is just not popular enough to start making parts from scratch. Too bad. I'll have to ask HPI if they have plans to make some.

Hey Justin i have been intough with these guys to try to knock something out and they want to so we shall see !!
here is the last email I got today!!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GoodsGood Customer Service. Attached to this email is 2 pictures which specifies the measurement which we would like to have.

For Center shaft, it would be length1 and length2.
CenterShaft.jpg

For the front and rear wheel shaft, we are interested in diameter1&2, length, and inner diameter.
FrontRearShaft.jpg

Please visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.ca/goodsgood.

Sincerely yours,

GoodsGood Customer Service

Email: [email protected]

4 January 2008

Oh if anyone can Help with these measurements that would be awsome for i don't have the proper tools to do this with ! I don't have a set of mics to do the proper measurements !
HELP US OUT IF YOU CAN ANYONE !!!!!!!!

Hey justin, one of my buddies uses traxxis t-maxx 2.5 axle dogbones on the e-savage. He said they drop right in. They look like the same dogbone but he hasn't broke any since replacing them. Might be something worth checking into.

awesome lifter, thanks for the advice. I will be driving a new E-Maxx soon. but I still have 1 e-savvy that i will try the tmaxx stuff on.

The Diff cup on the T-maxx is bigger and then gives you slop in turn you can breake the small lil nipple that comes out of the Diff. Also the Wheel stud is a different size but what you can do is use One part from the Emaxx and the other part from a esavy I have been doing that for the last couple breakes !!

I've contacted a few manufacturers and there are no plans to make aftermarket shafts for the esavvy. I'm going to prolly do a brushed E-Maxx and then a BL savvy SS.

my grandson has broken 2 dogbones since xmas ,i would like to have something better too.Iam getting a Esavage soon and don't like the prospect of having to change dogbones after play session. thank you.

John Schultz runs a Novak 4.5 BL system in his e-savage with stock dogbones. You can not land with more than 1/2 throttle or the bones will twist and snap. It's hard to explain that to a kid who loves big air. that's why I went with a regular Savvy converted to BL.

sweet, great find larsen been looking for them as well as a lot of others thanx for sharing

Latest news from Kershaw is that they are almost ready for release. Go to this link http://www.kershawdesigns.com/ click on E-Savage to sign up for email notification. 1st 2 sets are mine :)

Hey Justin they had already relased some over on the Esavage forum that I can remember .
Kershaw is not on one of my favorite stores to deal with !!
Matter of fact not to sure if he would even sell me anything anymore for that fact.
Well I'm going to have to go over to the other forum to see if I can find the thread on the dogbones.

Hey bud I'm on E-Savage.com as well.

He did have some released before I guess but they didn't go over well because they wouldn't hold up these new ones are supposed to be much beefier.

I have ordered a few different things from him so far with luck matter of fact I am waiting on my dog bones for my GCM Extended Chassis right now. They should be here today.

Front the way the forum states that there are a lot of people on the waiting list for these dogs. I'm going to get mine running then bust a set and then purchase them. This way the demand is down and there are a few to have them first. I'm sure they will be great thought.

PS>They are more of a CVD kit.

The e-maxx shafts will work. I use them on mine. You change from ball to ball, and you can change the axle too but you have to change the bearing on the inside of the axle carrier.

Latest posts

Members online

Back