Steller's Twin Engine Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellerrc

Well I've been waiting to start this build for over a year now and finally things are starting to progress a little bit. A quick list of items used are as follows: New Era Models #HSV121 Chassis Kit.,2 x Hpi K4.6's of course not stock ones! LOL, Cen Diffs,18cb/47spur,3spd with some custom machined gears, CS-170 Titanium Geared steering servo, jrz650 throttle/brake servo. Anyways here's some pics.
DSC03412-1.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03414-1.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03688.jpg

Thats about it for now I will put up more and better pics when i compltete more stuff Thanks hope you enjoy!!
3863.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Thats a bad savage you have going there. I'm very interested to see the rest of the build. Keep up the top notch work steller!

kool project steller. that is a BIG savage ya got there. keep us posted. rockout

cens arnt done yet :/ got to change them cups. looks good tho man! going to run stock shocks on it?

it looks wasome tell us the price in total and time worked on when done where will the fuel tank go

Hey Bank if you want some tranny gears you will have to PM me I'm not really into showing off my cnc stuff anymore to anyone. Just thought you should know. The work is SUPER expensive and very time consuming Quit doubting ! LOL!! They are really nice and not for sale. Just like alot of custom stuff I do they are one of's right now and in an RnD stage maybe someday I will release a whole bunch of stuff but as it stands at this moment NOT. LOL

NP Bank I think I have a few pics of the trans work at the shop I'll see if i can find them and I will PM you the pics of the work being done and the finished products. OK I'm sorry bout the reply but just all sick of all the doubters out there in the R/C world. I live and breathe for this stuff so I take it kinda personal. Again sorry if I offended you in any way it wasn't meant to sound like that. PEACE!!

Man Steller Post them picts up here. I wanna see them as well. I love seeing custom work people do. Anyway this think looks sick. I will def be keeping an eye on this.

NP Bank I think I have a few pics of the trans work at the shop I'll see if i can find them and I will PM you the pics of the work being done and the finished products. OK I'm sorry bout the reply but just all sick of all the doubters out there in the R/C world. I live and breathe for this stuff so I take it kinda personal. Again sorry if I offended you in any way it wasn't meant to sound like that. PEACE!!
LOL all good please do! I just wanted to see how they came out.

thats a sick project stellar i would like to see some gears too . I'm not doubting anything i just like custom work done properly . cnced gears sound like they would be killer in a trans if they hold up to twin engines they will handle a single modded motor for the life of the truck.

Fuel tanks will be New Era Models Kits. One in the front and one in the rear
DSC02834.jpg
DSC02832.jpg
DSC02829.jpg
us4allswing.gif

well, there is no problem if 1 engine is turning faster then the other, the clutch will take the blame :p

with 2 engine concept, u have to adjust ur 1 carb, then shut it off, and start with engine 2 and config the carb, then u start both engine and there u go

i had smiliar with my kyosho giga crusher twin engine :)

but ur savys rocks

Still searching for the tranny pics but in the meantime here's a few more pics of the build!!
DSC03697-1.jpg
DSC03695-1.jpg
DSC03740.jpg
Here's the pics of the clucth bell clearance issue and why I could only modify the chassis enough to fit a 18Tcb
DSC03743.jpg
DSC03744.jpg

what sg and cb did u use for that setup??

it would be nice to get more top speed from it as a 2 engine will give u more toque to get start with :)

Ok here's a pic of the 2spd gears that we made. I'm searching for complete build pics of those in the mill but can't find them yet. The next set I make I will make sure we take a video camera with us while there being made.
DSC03717.jpg
DSC03718.jpg

Looking good! Status on them gears...need them for my own trucks...when you gonna get some out for r&d teams to play with? LMAO!

rockout

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back