STEERING PROBLEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilGood85

Hey I'm having some steering problems with my savage. A couple of days ago I was out tuning my truck and all of a sudden the steering went out. Throttle and brakes still worked. So I took the truck apart checked the servo, no stripped gears or anything so I went and bought a new servo same thing with the new one would not respond with remote control. Can someone lead me in the right direction to fix this problem?

Swap the throttle and steering servo on the receiver. If the steering works after that (using the throttle on the remote) your receiver needs replacing.

Swap the throttle and steering servo on the receiver. If the steering works after that (using the throttle on the remote) your receiver needs replacing.

Just tried it. So I def need a new receiver.Thank you guys!!!

What kind of radio is it? Futabas sometimes have a glitch on one of the models. On my 4pk the steering servo will not work in model 2 or 7. Same exact setup copied to another model slot works perfetly fine

What kind of radio is it? Futabas sometimes have a glitch on one of the models. On my 4pk the steering servo will not work in model 2 or 7. Same exact setup copied to another model slot works perfetly fine
It's the stock radio that came with the truck the 2.4ghz.

If you're looking for an upgrade I recommend the DX4C by spektrum. Its entry level in their range but its amazing - I love it!
Depends what your budget would be for an upgrade.

Finally one person likes spektrum! I was always wondering why a lot of people I come across hate spektrum? I have always had good luck with it.

Finally one person likes spektrum! I was always wondering why a lot of people I come across hate spektrum? I have always had good luck with it.

Mate it is by far the best thing I have bought! (besides the savage lol).
I find the avr system to be really annoying and pointless though, I suppose if its been calibrated right then it would be wonderful for tracks but not for bashing.

The controller is amazing though, I had the traxxas tqi before and its like night and day difference.

It's because for years, they sold receivers with single pole antenna's and the range sucked. It wasn't until the past few years I was able to find an OEM spektrum cheap receiver ($30) that has a coaxial shielded antenna like every other company has. Now the range is great.

For many years I lived with driving inside a 75 yard circle. Then when I got a baja 5B, I realized how short 75 yards was. Then found the orange knock off receivers that had a coaxial antenna you could buy from China for $8 a piece. I ran those for a few years, but they seem to only last 6 months, then stop working. Then I found the spektrum SR210 receiver and have been buying those as my orange ones die. They seem to last longer.

I've had many spektrum radios trying to find better range... don't know why I never gave up and went with something else. Bullheaded I guess. Also, I've always had 6+ vehicles, so buying receivers for all of them would be pricey if I went with futaba/airtronics at $60+ a receiver. Then again... I wouldn't have bought 3 or 4 versions of spektrum over the years either.

It's because for years, they sold receivers with single pole antenna's and the range sucked. It wasn't until the past few years I was able to find an OEM spektrum cheap receiver ($30) that has a coaxial shielded antenna like every other company has. Now the range is great.

For many years I lived with driving inside a 75 yard circle. Then when I got a baja 5B, I realized how short 75 yards was. Then found the orange knock off receivers that had a coaxial antenna you could buy from China for $8 a piece. I ran those for a few years, but they seem to only last 6 months, then stop working. Then I found the spektrum SR210 receiver and have been buying those as my orange ones die. They seem to last longer.

I've had many spektrum radios trying to find better range... don't know why I never gave up and went with something else. Bullheaded I guess. Also, I've always had 6+ vehicles, so buying receivers for all of them would be pricey if I went with futaba/airtronics at $60+ a receiver. Then again... I wouldn't have bought 3 or 4 versions of spektrum over the years either.

Yea the range on mine is a bit funny but that's probably because I haven't pulled the antenna out of the receiver box in the savage :ROFLMAO:
I was going for a "clean" look - not very practical though

I have 4 or 5 of those old grey single wire receivers. Don't know why, I'll never use them. Should just toss them. They are DSM only.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back