steering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadleo

hi guys went out to step up the carb for running and got it just to the sweet spot then my sterring has just stopped working
so tell me if I'm wrong in what i done
replace battery pack,nothing
turned all of then all on again still nothing
removed the connections from the brake/accelerator and swapped them over still nothing!
I'm thinking the servo has gone!
am i right?

does the break/accelerator servo work when you put it on the steering channel, if so then yea i would say the steering servo has gone

yeah the steering servo has gone
is this usual for a new car

no its not usual for a servo to crap out on a new car but these things do happen, yes it does seem that you need a new stronger more torque servo

might get hated for this ..... the stock steering servo that comes with the savage is total rubbish, too weak, cant pull the skin off a rice pudding

edit ..... hpi know this too, if the truck is very new then id call them up and get them to change it to something like sf-50 servo

Reactions: Jr.
cheers but i live in belfast, I'm sure that shipping would kill me lol
I'm checking amazon/ebay now :)

my bad, i naturally assumed you were from the us :)

yea go on ebay, i know a good bloke on ebay that gets parts cheap ill send you link, worth a look

tho i will advise that spending that little bit more on a quality steering servo will pay off in the long run, adds better performance to the cornering of the truck too

wait when you want to know the difference between digital and non digital servo :)

Servo's are one of the things where I like to "buy once, cry once". I think, personally, that the Savox 1230 is about the best deal going in servos. 499 oz/in of torque (about three times stock) for only 75 U.S.

2014825145747454_zpskhqdqxzz.jpg

just an fyi, that's a high voltage servo. to get those specs, u will need a 7.4v battery pack, wich I don't think the rx can handle. u can run it off of 6.0v, but u won't get the same amount of power( the power will still be much better then the stock one, of course)
Servo's are one of the things where I like to "buy once, cry once". I think, personally, that the Savox 1230 is about the best deal going in servos. 499 oz/in of torque (about three times stock) for only 75 U.S.
wow, 75 bucks? that good power for the $$. I hmay have to pick some of those up soon;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back