Steering linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Hey guys out bashing today hit a curb and this steering linkage disconnected but everthing is intact no nut or ball or screw missing .looks like it just popped off do u think i can pop it back on or is it toast ?20190809_184224.jpg

Attachments

• 20190809_183509.jpg
    20190809_183509.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 6
pop it back on the ball then remove the screw and put a washer on to keep it from happening again.....

Good idea Jam shoukd i also locktite the screw and also should i locktite the nut thst holds wheel on ?

Good idea Jam shoukd i also locktite the screw and also should i locktite the nut thst holds wheel on ?

I don't suggest it no. Firstly, Loctite should never be used on plastic, and the wheel nuts are locknuts, no need for Loctite.

I don't suggest it no. Firstly, Loctite should never be used on plastic, and the wheel nuts are locknuts, no need for Loctite.

except when the nylocks start not holding, I use locktite all the time with nylock stuff with zero problems.... and on my 17mm hex nuts I use locktite with great success, you never see me chasing down a loose wheel ever :)

except when the nylocks start not holding, I use locktite all the time with nylock stuff with zero problems.... and on my 17mm hex nuts I use locktite with great success, you never see me chasing down a loose wheel ever :)

Hmm yes that's actually true locknuts do not hold in anymore after you unscrew and screw them for a few times. Are they worth replacing though or should one just use Loctite?

Latest posts

Members online

Back