spur gear ?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
Hey, this one has me stumped, yesterday my truck just flat out quit pulling, to my surprise, the the nutt on my spur gear/slipper, had backed off, enough to the point, of it not pulling, got it back home and tightin it back up, right off the bat, it happens again, so i take it off and inspect the nutt and threads on tranny shaft, all seems well, but i replace the nutt anyway,take the truck out today, half a tank, and it does it again,,, any ideas

ooofffff watch out necromaster... doing that defeats the purpose of the slipper clutch... its supposed to slip slightly on impact off jumps to help prevent eating up diffs and transmision gears,,, tighten it all the way then back it off around an 1/8 th turn should be good...

u r right max. but in my case, if i tighten it all the way then back it off around an 1/8 th turn, it will juz last for a few blip, eventhough if i change d slipper clutch. same like geronimo problems. i tried different kind of slipper clutch for same result. this happen last 2 month when i don't know HPISF yet. now my savage equiped with bling racing diff, full metal tranny, and metal spur.. so far i have no problems except burned a stock CB. when i used bling racing CB, problem solve.

So is the problem the slipper is loose or the nut is falling off? Nut should have nylock in it to prevent backing off. If there is nylock, it could be the nylock is worn and needs replaced. If you nut does not have nylock in it, I recommend you get a nut with it. I am sure threadlock will work with a regular nut, but nylock is better. do not use threadlock on a nut with nylock.

What kind of nut did you put on there? Did it have any nylock?
hey, yea allan i used a new nylon nutt, closes thing i could find at home depot, i think it was an m7, bank asked me earlier, if i had the hex shaped washer, and the answer is no, guess its one of those thing that falls off and you never notice,i have since ordered one, but the thing is i've had the new spur,cb on for at least 6 to 8 tanks with no washer on, no problems, now its wacked out.only thing i know to do do is try the washer for now. peace

I was just reading through this, and ya that washer will kick your butt if its missing. I got a used truck one time and it was missing I ran in circles trying to figure out why it was backing off all the time til I noticed the washer was gone. What you can do is use 2 nuts on the shaft until you get the hes washer.

Latest posts

Members online

Back