spur gear and clutch bell combination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4RuNNeRMaNiA

hi guys,

what combination do you guys prefer in offroad and onroad?

I was gonna ask the same question, but i see you got to it before me. I have a Mach .26 with 2.75HP and i think i'll go with 49 spur and 15 pinion just to see how it goes. I have a better engine then the .25 so i think i'll have lots of wheelie power but also good top end.

Once i get my truck running i'll comment again. I'm just finishing the rebuilding/cleaning from last year.

QShifter

If your runnign stock 25 try a 14cb 52 spur, will help out alot, you will have a increase in low end grunt but won't lose much top end.

well i experiment last weekend.. i got stock s-25 with 49t spur and 15t cb..it'll run just fine.. then i put 49t spur and 18t cb, and it'll run real fast. it's so fast i've flip over so many time.. now i put 52t spur and 15t cb.. i'll run it on wednesday.. i'll see what will come up.. one thing is all the tryouts i've never get my savage to go wheellie.. sigh..

i have the surefire .32, 3.6 HP i use 20t cb and 47t spur and it runs at about 70 mph, if i was doing alot of offroad and wanted it to wheelie alot i would go with 13t cb and 52t spur

Mr. Hoppedup i have a question, just for the sake of asking, why would it not be good off-road if you had high top end like you say you do? does the 20:47 ratio take away from the low end? or does it eat up the spur gear? let me know. i want to switch it out mine to a 18:49 ratio. i am running my savvy on-road and mild off-road. will this hinder my performance? thanks for the input and time.

what engine, i have a .32 and the 18:49 and it works fine for all the stuff i do. and about the 70 mph that was a little exadgeration (if thats spelled right) it was probably doin 55 or so

well i tried to switch out the cb gears and found out there is lock tight on the screw. how do i get past that? i don't want to strip, break, or mess up the threading on the screw. could anyone help me out? thanks again for your time guys and the info.

well then i would go with 17/52 or 17/49
try liquid wrench, pb blaster or something, i just get a glove and grip the flywheel real tight and get a screw driver that has a really good fit and it pops loose

if you strip it out you can take a dremal and a sanding disc and make another philips head on the screw but don't get the crank!, then when you get it off you can order another one, idk I'm not an expert on all this stuff

Latest posts

Members online

Back