Spektrum s6230

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekpike

So I'm going to end up buying a new servo for the XL because it has a Traxxas 2055 that came with it. I know most people on here run and recommend Savox. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Spektrum s6230? It's only $70 and has 311oz of torque on 6v. There were only 2 Amazon reviews and they were at opposite ends of the Spektrum (<-- See what I did there?). All (bad) jokes aside, does anyone have any valid feedback on this servo?

Yeah the XL came with a Traxxas 2055 @86 Oz of torque to try to turn the big joes. This with the glitch buster should do the trick.

The 1230sg is a monster and for less than $70 that's hard to beat.
Yeah Savox just makes so many models with various parts numbers it was hard to sort through to find one I was looking for.

Had a mini heart attack when my 1230sg came in today and it said coreless. I thought it was just a case, didn't have any clue it was a coreless motor. Was trying to get my daughter situated after just getting home and texted a friend who laughed after they googled it and told me the news.

I'd love to hear how this worked for you I'm looking to upgrade from a spektrum 6020 (pretty sure) and it only has like 130 something Oz looking for something around 300 that won't burn through my 1600 hump pack (Savagex)
I'm hoping to get it put on today and maybe run it next weekend, but we'll see how that works out lol

I'm hoping to get it put on today and maybe run it next weekend, but we'll see how that works out lol
Aight just message me or keep me updated (no rush) I'm tight on funds for my truck since I just upgraded motor and linkage mod kit lol

Aight just message me or keep me updated (no rush) I'm tight on funds for my truck since I just upgraded motor and linkage mod kit lol
I'm always tight on funds, but it's because my always buying stuff lol. I'm not sure how long it will take to know how long it takes to drain my humpback .

I'm always tight on funds, but it's because my always buying stuff lol. I'm not sure how long it will take to know how long it takes to drain my humpback .
Haha I'm the same I still need to upgrade my reviever so I can run my telemetry but I got a brand new reviever that's never been used just will have to blow the truck up so I can use a new one

Is this thing supposed to be that noisy? I've heard they're noisy but seems a bit excessive . post video shortly .

Last edited:
You can email me the video maybe or something but yea they can be pretty loud depending on your pipe and if your idle is to high they can be louder

Yea it's prolly loud my engine drowns them out tho (lrp zr 32 s4 with tuned Ali pipe)
I responded to your email. seems to be working fine, but just wanting to make sure it's ok.

I responded to your email. seems to be working fine, but just wanting to make sure it's ok.
Oh that humming noise is usually the steering not being straight like micro millimeter straight so it's humming to straighten it (well mine does this) usually when I lift it off the ground and move the wheels or something it'll stop

Oh that humming noise is usually the steering not being straight like micro millimeter straight so it's humming to straighten it (well mine does this) usually when I lift it off the ground and move the wheels or something it'll stop
Great I'll give that a try when my helper wakes upike. Don't mind the mess life with a toddler. That's Amerly helping me out in the servo.

Attachments

• 20161023_144529.jpg
    20161023_144529.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
1477253361718-1842519924.jpg 1477253386350-120413143.jpg 1477253430957837398348.jpgwhen your too cheap to buy a new body and too broke so you have to rig it so you have a little protection!!

Lol your truck looks brand new wish I could say the same about mine is that a xl?
Yep XL. just picked it up for $250 shipped. Also got a lrp 30 new in box for $130 shipped to go in it this spring.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back