Sparc's FLM Tranny Forward Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparc

So I was the lucky winner of UVBNServed.com gift certificate! With it I decided to purchase the FLM Tranny Forward Conversion seen here.

The first thing I did was test fit everything together.

1wp1B.jpg

BueUY.jpg

0dznk.jpg

I threw the transmission in so you could see how much further forward it got moved.

I have a few parts that I am not sure what they are for:
nY2j3.jpg

(The six items across the top) Does anyone know what these are for / where they go?

Other components already in hand:
Composite bulks with bulletproof diffs
Flux axles, cups, and bones
HPI RSC
Transmission with HD top gear, and single speed conversion
Hitec 7955tg Steering Servo
JR Brake servo
Futaba r603fs receiver

I have not picked out a motor, esc, batteries, or gearing yet. This will be a long project but it should be finished by spring. I am taking suggestions for the above parts. My goal with the truck is to run 5s, and have it be reliable and damn near bulletproof.

on the left you have an antenna mount, then the next 4 pcs are shock stand offs (i believe for lst converstion shocks).

I'm not sure what the 6th piece is but the piece with 7 holes looks like part of your motor mount.

for motor & esc id definately go with either the hpi or castle MMM.

Freddy I have seen to many problems with the MMM setup. I was kind of leaning twards an RX8, but I am not sure.

Thanks for that link Dan, explained a bunch!

Looking aweseom Sparc. Nice pics. Hope to see more soon. Good luck with the build.

First part question came up... I tried fitting my old JR servo into the brake servo position, and it will not clear. I am looking for a half height standard size servo for brake duty. Must be digital. Cheaper the better! It is just for brakes.

Thanks mickey, I will be grabbing a Savox servo for the build. But first to drill some holes in the TVP to properly mount the servo plate. Pics after it's done.

If you have a Hobbytown, check there before you buy your Savox online. I bought my SC-1256TG from TCS for $80 a couple weeks back, and my local Hobbytown got them in a couple days later for only $65. Only thing I've ever found cheaper in a LHS than online.

My motor came in. Castle Creations 1717 1650kv. The same one that is in the XO-1. It is too big to fit properly in the FLM engine mount. I plan on fixing that with a dremel and a drill press shortly. The screw holes in the 1717 are m6 instead of m4, so the holes for the screws have to be widened as well.

I'm really not quite sure yet. I don't think I will gear for more than 65 or so, it's a big heavy truck and it doesn't handle like a race car. >.> I might grab a few gears to try out different top speeds etc.

I still need to pick out an esc and batteries before I figure out gearing anyways. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back