Soulja's Finals Checklist:Stuff you NEED in your toolbox for the Finals!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulja

Virginia Beach Beast
hey guys. i've been to the Finals for abotu the past 3 years. these items are stuff that you NEED in your toolbox......if you don't have it...you need to get it. these are part that i and fellow savage racers seem to always lose or break. here is my list....if any parts i am missing please add! this is your racers guide to extra parts be it for the finals or any time you bash with buddies:

CA glue (how many times have YOU popped a bead?)
at least one extra spur
extra batteries for Tx
if you have an SS HPI #85067 adjustable arms (they seem to break in freestyle!)
extra fuel line
at least 2 wheel nuts
at least 1 dogbone
extra servo (i keep at least one high torque)
body pins
HPI #Z613 screws (even when i loctite em...they come out of my TVPS!)
HPI #Z634 screws (those plastic braces lose em!)
one exhaust coupling HPI # 87040 (i've crack one...truck ran like a terd)
one Gasket HPI #87049
one filter element or pre filter HPI #87204 (unless u have a motorsaver)
if you have bbig bores.. the bottom spring mount (don't know part #)
a field battery charger
motor mount screws
extra clutches (not a must, but i got em in case!)
grubs srews!! HPI #86095 (u'll lose this one!) & 86094 (unless u want front wheel drive only!)
med/cold glow plugs (I keep McCoy MC8s)
FUEL (i have seen people forget it!! LMAO!)
shock oil (have many time have YOU popped a cap?)

HPI helped me out my first year...but i QUICKLY LEARNED! just something to help out the first timers.

i forgot HPI #93617 for the adjustable arms!!! this is A MUST IF YOU HAVE ADJUSTABLE ARMS!!!!

and wheel pins....wheel you take off that tire....why do you always lose em???...get a aouple of hexes too!

i would. i've blown caps off at the jumps...i run sport big bores and aluminum caps and so far.....no problems. seems like when i was running stock stocks....they work awesome....but always blew rear caps and bent one shaft before. if you're gonna be there....i'm going to bring a couple to hel someone out (or i blow one of mine!LOL!)

I bring two or three trucks worth of parts. Lol

Same here, i had 3 complete trucks with me, 1 racing 1 in parts and 1 backup.. + enough spares to fix almost anything 3 times... might be a little overkill but I'm prepared..

And its going to get even worse, thinkin about getting into SC trucks since they are taking off at my LHS so i think its time for a Blitz... and brushless... :)

Shocks-Have your shocks ready to install, same spring, and oil that is on your truck-one complete unit. If your in the middle of a race bracket you don't have time to rebuild, you need to replace it and not have to worry.

I like to have a complete spare motor with clutches and bell on and ready to drop in at a moments notice.

Dirtbones and the like are your friends at the finals. The surface is like packed sand, no clay. I will keep the track as wet as possible (between each round) if not it turns into a skating rink.

Extra filters are a must there, Outerwears are recommended. The dirt/sand is fine and will get in if you let it. Remember the zip tie on your snorkel too.

Traxxas am radios are no good there. I don't know if its the distance from the drivers stand or the power lines but they will cut out at the furthest part of the track. HPI am are better but not great. You don't have to have a 2.4 (I use a old school JR synthesized and have never had a issue) but a good radio is recommended.

Bring everything you would bring to a bash session, remember your at the finals and this is the time when if anything can break it will just to screw with you. You remember Murphy? His laws definitely apply here.

If your racing only one or two classes there will be allot of down time. Be prepared, have something to do. Piddle with you truck/s watch the racing what ever. This is the time you can make sure your tranny don't fall out when your on the starting block. Check the grub screws, wheel nuts, filter, charge batteries, look for shocks that have all of a sudden lost their oil etc etc etc.

Bring sun block, food, water/drinks, pit tent, a table and chairs.

Make sure you have a pit buddy. You will need someone to help you put your truck on the line and line it up with the timing sensors. They will need to be able to restart if you flame out, tune, refuel or what ever in a split second. You only have 1 minute to get your truck on the line and ready to race when your name is called. Start your truck two races before yours, they're only 20 or 30 seconds long. You want to be running and warmed up when you "put 'em on the ground". Your pit buddy should stay for the whole race and "catch" your truck afterwards (you should drive it right to his hands), turn off the radio and kill the motor. We will be running each class out so if you win your race, stick around, make sure all is well with your piece.

I hope this helps.
See ya at the track, Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Joey....iappreciate the better info

Latest posts

Members online

Back