SOLVED Hpi Savage A few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldvod

I've purchased a savage. It's a lot of fun but my engine will shut off once I put the body on. I figured it was the fact that i wasn't getting any air to my filter but the body is cut like the stock on (The bed having a hole for the bed ). Also I was driving My savage and flipped it, my air filter fell of, I flipped it over and shut it off, there was a piece of dirt on the rim of my carb. Should I be worried about the potential of having dirt in my engine and on top of that I crashed int my car and my air filter flew off again I'm worried that dirt from my bumper fell into my carb. and after those two events it ran at a high rpm for about 2 seconds of my 15 minutes run

@Coldvod

WILL TRUCK RUN AND DRIVE WITH BODY OFF ?
IF IT DOSE YOUR BODY IS PINCHING A FUEL LINE OR PUTTING A KINK IN THE AIR FILTER TUBE.
MAKE SURE TO SECURE THE FILTER TO THE CARB WITH A ZIP TIE LIKE IN ATTACHED PIC.
HOPE THIS HELPS. I WOULDNT SWEAT THE DIRT ISSUE UNLESS YOU WERE DRIVING AROUND IN THE DIRT WITH NO AIR FILTER .

Attachments

• SAVAGE AIR FILTER.JPG
    SAVAGE AIR FILTER.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@Coldvod

WILL TRUCK RUN AND DRIVE WITH BODY OFF ?
IF IT DOSE YOUR BODY IS PINCHING A FUEL LINE OR PUTTING A KINK IN THE AIR FILTER TUBE.
MAKE SURE TO SECURE THE FILTER TO THE CARB WITH A ZIP TIE LIKE IN ATTACHED PIC.
HOPE THIS HELPS. I WOULDNT SWEAT THE DIRT ISSUE UNLESS YOU WERE DRIVING AROUND IN THE DIRT WITH NO AIR FILTER .
Thanks It runs perfect without the body. I'll look into that tomorrow (the fuel line pinching etc. )

@Coldvod

" Thanks It runs perfect without the body. I'll look into that tomorrow (the fuel line pinching etc. ) "

SO WHAT DID YOU FIND ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back