Snow Bashing is a Blast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zud00

I just ran tanks 5 and 6 in my new LRP. But this time I decided to do a little bashing. I've had the bashing blues for the last couple months.

I went to a university parking lot and found a spot where the snow had been plowed to the curb. There were some pretty big snow mounds. I got out the shovel and shaped up two kickers. One ramp had a lower launch angle and the other launched the truck almost straight up. My runway was the parking lot and my landing spot was in the grass which had about 2-3 inches of snow.

It was so much fun! The best part about it was that you can make whatever kind of jump you want to make with a little effort. It was totally worth making the ramps. On the low angle kicker, the truck must have flown 30-35 feet in distance. On the larger ramp (it was about 5 feet tall), It must have launched the truck 20 feet up and 20 feet out.

I video taped it all and will have the video in a week or two. My brother does the editing and he is busy. But I gotta say, it is a blast and if you haven't tired it, go for it. The best part about it is that you can make so many different jumps and different sizes depending on where you decide to go.

:partyon: Hey zud00, Just had to say I agree 100%. I live in Ohio ,and we just got a foot of freash powder. I have the next 4 days off! My nephew brought his kids from Pa. to visit,There 3 and 4,boy and a girl, and they are about to be introduced to my Savage for the first time. What better way than in the snow. You are sooo right about the ready made jumps ,there everywhere, and the cushioned landings make for some very serious air.I don't know about you but I spray my truck with wd40 before hand . It not only provides a protective layer of lube ,but also keeps the snow from addhereing then melting.As long as I dry it off really good immeadiately I have no issues at all. It's more work than summer time but The sick air is worth it!!Post that video as soon as your'e brother finishes it, I can't wait to see it. Peace

We got some pretty good shots on film. I'll have to get on him about getting it done. There's nothing worse than waiting for something when your excited about it.

I sprayed my truck down with WD-40 beforehand. Afterwards, I let it sit in the tub and melt...probably not the best idea. I wish I had an air compressor to blow it off.

:whipit: Use a towel then a hair dryer, heatgun etc.If you don't have either, put it infront of a heater vent or fan.Please don't let it airdry though.You WILL get corrosion, and no savy deserves that.LOL I also use my airbrush for tight spots,I just crank it up to 45 psi and let her rip. I really like this meathod because all moisture is removed from the compressed air by the trap on the pump. Hope this helps!!

Members online

Back