Slipper FRIED what can I do???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrayser

I took my tranny apart and just as I figured the slipper pad is all over the inside. I know they are not in stock anywhere except the UK. What can I do to make one or will something from another vehicle fit?

Last edited:
The pads are about 3/4" round or 19mm. Not sure on thickness. I went and bought gasket making material and I don't think it worked. It slipped as soon as I tried it. I put it away before I took my AR to it. I will take it apart tomorrow and see if it's the slipper nut or the pads I made. Either way I have both parts coming.

I was fed up with hpi paper slipper pads. When they hot wet (savage xs flus is supposed to be waterproof) they softened and deformed needing replacement.
In the end I made slipper pads with 1mm thickness leather. Leather to iron has a mush greater friction coefficient than paper to iron. I have only run two battery packs with the leather slipper pads but they seem to behave ok with the spring nut completely unfastened.

Indeed once the get a minor soaking the slipper pads get destroyed so bloody annoying meaning no water runs

Latest posts

Members online

Back