Slipper Clutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost13az

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit a slipper clutch from another hpi truck? Couldn't you do that if the "other" truck has the same diameter drive shaft? Does anyone know if another hpi product has the same diameter shaft? They all look similar in pictures. I've heard of people using an automotive grade gasket maker, has anyone tried that?

Not too sure on retrofitting another slipper setup on the XS, I suppose one could try but I doubt it would be successful.....
As for using gasket material I do not think that would do either but one can sure try at least.....

maybe fitting this would help the slipper pad to last longer.....
https://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_Heavy_Duty_Ceramic_Slipper_Clutch_Pad_2pcs_p/hpi107454.htm

as always I would lock down the slipper to prevent too much slipping and heat destroying the standard pad.....

well I did check fitment and it says it fits the XS so I posted the link. I do not have an XS myself so I do not have personal experience on it....

Looks to me like the XS setup is different.

XS:

upload_2016-10-6_13-26-3.png

X, XL, Flux:

upload_2016-10-6_13-26-22.png

Yes I agree it looks to be different also, guess we will have to wait till the original poster says exactly which XS he is referring to as it looks like the link I gave is for the Savage XS Flux which I am sure is different due to being brushless and the original XS was a brushed vehicle.....

Yes I agree it looks to be different also, guess we will have to wait till the original poster says exactly which XS he is referring to as it looks like the link I gave is for the Savage XS Flux which I am sure is different due to being brushless and the original XS was a brushed vehicle.....

I don't recall a brushed XS, can you point me to it? In the discontinued kit list all it shows are the XS SS kits.

Perhaps you are referring to the E-Savage?

No I was under the impression the original Savage XS was brushed... maybe this is also untrue, I did not find anything to say there ever was one.......

No I was under the impression the original Savage XS was brushed... maybe this is also untrue, I did not find anything to say there ever was one.......

Well, I'm bored enough to look for a needle in a haystack. Wild goose chase, GO!

I've already explored that ceramic clutch option specifically because of the compatibility list produced by a few different Web sites. No dice. It's a typo. (Major let down. Lol) and to clarify, there never was a brushed xs. Only brushless. The xs ss was the kit and it has been discontinued.
Thanks for responding

Surprisingly I have heard a few people talk about using gasket making materials on or for the slipper clutch. It actually does make sense. At the end of the day the materials are pretty similar. Was just poking around to see if anyone here had first hand experience with this.

I have made brake disks for a friends and my USA1 Nitro Crushers before, I worked at a brake and front end shop in my youth and got a piece of molded brake material, cut a hole with a holesaw and used my dremel to make the hex drive portion in the center, in fact it is still on my truck, as for gasket material I believe it could work if you found some thick enough or somehow managed to bond some together with epoxy and did as I did with a dremel or such....

if you are successful make sure to make a post so others may learn how and do the same

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit a slipper clutch from another hpi truck? Couldn't you do that if the "other" truck has the same diameter drive shaft? Does anyone know if another hpi product has the same diameter shaft? They all look similar in pictures. I've heard of people using an automotive grade gasket maker, has anyone tried that?
Robinson racing makes on of the best slipper setups around

I still don't quite know what would cause a slipper clutch to burn out, nor whether I've got any symptoms, but I've ordered a set just in case :rolleyes:

My slipper is currently so fried, I have 2 mm washer between the spring and the nut on the cup joint. Works perfectly

Guessing they're not supposed to look like this?? Put a new set in anyway...

slippergunk.jpg

Is there any way to get some have been online look every where and none to be found any hlep would be great trying to get my little boys truck going

#105805 is not available anywhere in the world for sale, at least that's what I found. Can't find anywhere

Latest posts

Members online

Back