Slipper clutch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Williams

So after fitting new tires and wheels to `big` badlands i think my slipper clutch kicks in before i get to full throttle i think i need to tighten it up a bit. As i say if i put the power down to hard it doesnt do anything. There is a spring with a nut which is hard to get to which looks tight already to be honest any advise or help please?

Thanks.

So after fitting new tires and wheels to `big` badlands i think my slipper clutch kicks in before i get to full throttle i think i need to tighten it up a bit. As i say if i put the power down to hard it doesnt do anything. There is a spring with a nut which is hard to get to which looks tight already to be honest any advise or help please?

Thanks.
I run my slipper locked down tight, I compress the spring fully and leave it tight, you still get a tiny bit of slip landing jumps and such, but it doesn't slip under acceleration, you may have to start fresh with new pads...

I run my slipper locked down tight, I compress the spring fully and leave it tight, you still get a tiny bit of slip landing jumps and such, but it doesn't slip under acceleration, you may have to start fresh with new pads...
Cheers Jam although as i say the spring looks pretty compressed i don't know how much more it will go...

I setup mine with all new pads and tightened it down, once it starts to slip it will glaze the pads and you can't get it to stop....
I don't know what you mean about the `Pads` all i know is the screw/nut thing which i cant do any tighter i think its at its tightest already.

Mine is the new version with a single pad adhered to the spur. you will need to disassemble the unit to get to the pad, take off the nut, spring, and the gear, look on the backside of the gear and you will see the slipper pad, if it is glazed change the pad and put it back together and tighten it down fully and DO NOT back it off as suggested in the manual, run the truck a bit and after a couple slow runs look at the nut and spring, if it has backed off any then it needs tightened, I used all new spring, nut and pad when I built mine and it is still perfect....

Exactly as Jam1 states, tighten right up. You could always try some brake cleaner on pad to take glaze coating off before replacing it! 👍🏻

If it’s already been slipping maybe you should put a new pad on then tighten the nut right up to compress spring.

I thought it was slipping maybe I'm wrong the pads shouldnt be worn out as it hasn't been used very much.

Like Jam said, crank down on the nut and run it with no slip. I added a drop of blue "removable" lock-tite to guarantee it didn't loosen up on its own. Also, with a locked down slipper, make sure when you land a jump that your not on the throttle.

Side question @ Jam 1 = Are you the original Jam1Racing?

I don't think it was the slipper in the end in fact i don't think its ever kicked in. I think it was wheel spin on my tyres on grass.

Latest posts

Members online

Back