slipper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammr

does any one know of a link that shows exactly how to change our the spur gear and clutch i must have missed something in the digrams cause i cant get the clutch to hook up

Droogmole SS 4.6!
Stock no longer applies!
Thanks a bunch that helped , i think whats wrong is clutch hub that has the two nipples that hold the the big washer with two holes in it (cant remember the name of that part),i think the niples are worn down so much they wont hold the washer looking thing in place oh yeah i have the ss 4.6 model

ahhh you mean the slipper clutch hub and the slipper plate... did you replace the parts or have you figured something out for it??..
and did you buy a second hand ss4.6?? guss if you buy e new one you've the same manual in the box...its al explained in there to...also the names of the parts hehehe..

Yeah i bought a used one that manual will be a big help.I think i,m just going to replace those parts,i ordered them from tower today thanks for your help i really appreciate it

well i spun another one ,i ordered the hub and the slipper plate maybe the plate is worn down and wont let it engage, ok i,m goin in again wish me luck

ok i,ve changed every thing,slipper hub,slipper plate,spur gear,clutch pad, hex washer,spacer,nut,like 5 times any ideas on what i could check? the spur just spins and the hub is not i,ve got the nut as tight on the spring as it will go, can u feel my frustration?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i don't know.. i'm looking at my sav and manual at this moment to find any possible thing that could couse this very annouying thing..
so i will put every origin i can find that might couse this problem in this post
i'll start with the most stupid things.
make sure that you have all the item numbers and names of every part that even come close to the slipper clutch gus i don't know englisch very well, zo i will just use the item numbers and names that are in the manuel..
here it go's
have you turned the spur the other way??.. it can spin freely when you turn it the right way (sign from the back)
did you put the pin( it nr: Z260) in the axle ?it locks the slipperclutch hub on the axle

put item Number: B072 (a little bushing you can slide in the spur gear..
make sure that item NR:87042b is in place like manuel says behind the little spring..
.. hmm this is pretty much every thing ik can find that could possible couse this problem.. while i'm loking at it

maybe it sounds a little stupid but when i hav a prob with something
and i don't know why it doesn't do what it is supposed to be doing
i rebuild it
with the manual on me left hand even if you already know how you need to assemble it.. maybe you've forgotten something.. then when you reassembled it check it en few times to see if it looks exactly the same as showen in the manual..this way i'm completly sure that it doesn't have anything to do with the way its assembeld ... (most of the time the prob is fixed...) and if that doesn't work i really don't know what it could be ..
maybe you need to go to your LHS and ask them what it could be

... sorry for the bad englisch but just what i said ..i'm not really good at typing..

Droogmole SS 4.6! Rollin' the 40 series....
Thanks for the reply,we must think alike because i have been doing every thing you mentioned, i,m starting to think i got some not so good clutch pads. i took the pad off scuffed it up a little because it had some glaze on it and it was working last night all though its not hooking up as well as i would like so i,m going to rebuild again and this time i,m going to add a second hex washer so i can get a little more bite when i tighten down on the spring and i forgot to put lock tite on the nut so i will do that also because when i ran it last night it seemed to back the nut back off the spring a little bit. Thanks for your help i really appreciate it

...is it possible to remove you slipper pad??...it must be sticked on the spurgear... maybe thats the problem.. or do i just misunderstand you??... youi have to removw the white paper thing on the back of the pad and then you can stick it in the back of your spur..

and your welcome.. it give's me something to do on my sunday evening hehe

No i pulled the paper off an stickied it to the spur gear,now yesterday i took it all off the slipper assembly that is and i was just sticking the parts back on and looking at them an i noticed that the spur gear was being stopped from going all the way to the slipper pad by the stop on the rod that holds the slipper assembly.What i did is i took a little wire an put it in the back of the slipper hub where the pin goes that holds the slipper hub just a tiny bit to move the hub towards the spur gear and it worked great for about 10 minutes and then it started slipping again, so now i,m thinking that i,m going to change the rod out as it is the only part i haven't changed yet.

Well after the sixth rebuild i figured out what the prob was, i guess i must have reused the spacer that was in the spur gear, i got a new one and noticed a pretty big difference in the thickness so much that the hex washer didnt touch the spacer so no matter how much i tightened up the spring i was getting any pressure on the spacer or enough to push it snug up to the pad and plate thanks for the help and suggestions

Latest posts

Members online

Back