Slipper clutch adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD Leroux

Fairly new to the rc scene was wondering on how to adjust my spur gear slipper clutch. From all the in "tight" how many turns out "lose" is a good start ??

I run my slipper locked, it still provides gear protection, but if it is allowed to slip as HPI suggests it will burn the slipper and it will constantly slip. tighten it until the center spring is fully compressed and leave it.....

I run my slipper locked, it still provides gear protection, but if it is allowed to slip as HPI suggests it will burn the slipper and it will constantly slip. tighten it until the center spring is fully compressed and leave it.....
Thanx for the input ill deffinitly try that

Kind of depends on the truck. If it's a flux, then having the spring fully compressed is where you start. If it's a nitro rig, usually 1/4 turn from fully compressed is where I start.

I gave up trying to run plastic spurs in my nitro savage though. When I geared higher than 15/54, it would slip when in second gear when running a decent engine. Once it slipped, it would glaze the pad, then if I didn't tear it apart, rough it back up and try again, it would melt the center out of it. That was with the spring fully compressed.

I currently run 17/47 with a steel spur and have it fully compressed so it still slips when it really needs to, but I get the power to the ground when it's in 2nd gear.

Latest posts

Members online

Back