?Size matters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedster

Ok here's the think that's been troubling me. My savage x came with a 15 tooth clutch bell allready installed, in the box it had a bigger clutch bell. with 18 teeth. Now since it has more teeth i am assuming that it will give me more speed, but less torque. Now i was told that it would give me a 10-12 mph speen boost. I don't exactly need the speed because i usualy clime sand hills and stuff like that so i would need more torque to spin the tires to the top.
Now for the question, will this bigger clutch bell be any good for some one like me to install or wouldit lower torqye and increase top speed only. And is it hard to install.
Thanks...

Lol, you sure have a lot of problems about your Savage. It would take two seconds to install. You just need to take one screw off (it's kind of hard because it's liquid cemented in) and then switch them. Mine is off in this picture but it's kind of hard to tell. And if you just climb hills and stuff you would be fine with the normal 15 tooth, but still the 18 tooth wouldn't hurt.

You kinda answered your own question with your explination of the gear reduction and what you want to do,stop second guessing your self or you will be chasing answers for a long time.Okay you know what you want,you understand about tooth count and the low and top end differences,the next thing that will affect it is the spur gear size,your tire size,your motor rpm's.What was stock? 15/49?...unless your doing a tire change or you want to race i would leave it right there for now.Once you get more experinced with your truck,the motor,tuning,maintance you can start changing stuff around to inprove the performace of it.

If you use the 18t cb you loose bottom end, if you like climbing hills don't use the 18t cb keep what you have. the 18t cb is for on road use useung it off road will put more of a load on motor makeing it work harder to push the truck. I have on mine the stock 14 cb adn run a 52t spur and have great top end and great bottom end, and works good both off and on road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back