sirio 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bin_dubai

i found a sirio engine 30 for 100$

does it out preform LRP28 or picco3?

Sweet, is it this engine pictured
Truggybuilt009.jpg

This is the engine I run in my CRT Truggy and love it. Its been a great mill and has been very easy to tune. I have owned it since new which it now has just over a gallon on it. Its got good power and I would have to say it will most definitely run with the Mill's you have listed there.

I have heard some people complain about them, just can't remember on what.

The only down fall I have with this mill is that the exhaust bung where the manifold goes is to low and is way to close to the starter weather is a pull or a rolo. I actually ground a bit off the flange on my pipe to allow clearance between the 2. My Rolo place has melted a bit but have not had any issues with it at all.

PS> I run this mill with a Jammin JP-4 on 30% Byron Race Gen II.

This mill has been discontinued for a while now. I payed a little more for it than that. However this mill retailed for like $400.

I'm with Shaun where did you get it for that and was it new? Also do they have more? I want another.

the guy is in my country and he is running his own LHS, he posted the engine for sale in his forum

i was thinking to get for my kyosho inferno truggy, i think it does worth since the stock engine is crap which is GXR28

I never ran one, but I haven't heard anybody else that was happy with it. Lots of complaints as far as tunning. I think the .30 was discontinued after they came out with the Colllari .32. Same manufacturer. Pure has tried a few different carbs etc on that engine. I forgot what carb he said works much better.

As far as dyno#s, it doesnt pull as much as the picco.28.

Grumpy, this is the same thing I have heard as far as tuning goes, However like I stated I have had great luck with it. Its been a great mill with great power. I can imagine that the P3 may produce a tad more than it. But this is a great mill.

If it's anything like the collari .32 I would stay away from it unless you can find a good source for aftermarket parts, especialy the owb. The .32's that I worked on were horrible, the sleeve porting didn't match the block porting at all, my buddy spent alot of money on his and it was still a turd until I worked on it. In the end I resigned myself to never touch one again, that's just my expierience with the collari .32 the .30 may be better, I have not looked inside one. The .32 looked like they took a bunch of different engine parts and threw it together, nothing seemed to match at all, extremly poor quality for the price they were charging. He only bought it so he could beat my Picco .26 unfortunatly the Picco walked all over it lol.

For 100 bucks jump on it!

Ive always loved Sirio. My only gripe is that the cost of replacement parts is very expensive. For the cost of the engine, a rebuild can sometimes equal the cost of a LRP, Axial, STS, etc.

Performance wise- I always loved em :)

am hesitating to buy it as i couldnt find replacement piston/sleev in any LHS or online store, even ebay

To be honest though, retail on that engine should be at or well above 200 being a Sirio. And you can have two mindsets over engines:

1) Buy the, with the intent on rebuilds
or
2) Buy them with the intent on replacing after worn

With the $200+ engines the cost of rebuilds is almost the cost of a new 100 to $150 level engines. Sirio P/S alone can get up to 100 to 120ish. By the time you buy the engine, do 1 rebuild, then you could have bought 3 LRP Spec 3 .28s.

The other thing about rebuilds is that they are never straight forward. They could involve the bearings, P/S, crank, case, etc. They could all go at once or over time. The cost of doing the crank and P/S can almost equal the cost of a new engine on some models but it is definately 50%+

I guess what I am saying is that unless you specifically want and need to run $200+ engines then buy the engine with the intent of replacing with new. It is less hassle, easier, and sometimes cost efficient. And for a $100 Sirio... man, Id jump on that!

I agree but if you can't even find a owb for the engine, when the original goes you will have a cheap paper weight. That was one of the biggest issues with the collari .32 that's also why I said he should be able to get parts for it before he buys it. No One way bearing = no running.

I loved the Collari .32 engine as well. However, a OWB is a OWB. You can find another from another company that typically will fit. I had to do that with the collari, I had to do that for the sirio with a roto start back plate, and a few others.

If you are motivated to find a solution then you can.

Same goes with pull starts. You can find one with a similar size to bolt on as well.

Agreed with Squirrel, There is another companies OWB that will fit, I'm not 100% sure on this but if I remember correctly I found one. I believe that the HPI pull stat for one of the motors (K or F) will fit this mill.

I have a bit of fuel thru mine with no problems yet, so I just hope it stays that way. I would assume the manufacturer could do some help finding a new one if needed, maybe not thought.

This mill retailed for $400 when new. There still out there for $300. Id jump on it for $100 with the luck I have had with mine. However every mill is different and will act different I'm satisfied with mine so far.

am thinking over to get ofna p3 instead, or LRP spec3 cus i need it for my kyosho US truggy

considring that i have to get a carb since sirio 30 carb has problems as i have hear, i would spent at least 40$ for a carb, so its better to get new engine as wised ppl said over here

Last edited by a moderator:
stop thinking and just buy a P3 send it to Robin mod it out if need be. You will never look back on it as a bad choice.

am thinking over to get ofna p3 instead, or LRP spec3 cus i need it for my kyosho US truggy

considring that i have to get a carb since sirio 30 carb has problems as i have hear, i would spent at least 40$ for a carb, so its better to get new engine as wised ppl said over here

Good choice!!!!!!!! Stay clear of paper weights.

]-[0pa]0ng;98674 said:
stop thinking and just buy a P3 send it to Robin mod it out if need be. You will never look back on it as a bad choice.

Yep, I have one. More power then you can ask for and reliable. Parts are easy to find.

Members online

Back