Simple Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

Hello all I'm quite new here and haven't posted yet so I'll start off with a question that I have always wondered. Is there anyone who sell an aluminum housing for a Savage X tranny? Any links would be great, thanks.

I haven't seen any with the easy access design (yet), that doesn't mean nobody is'nt looking to make/design one. ;)

if you want silver and blue is cheaper, just strip the blue annodized color off. oven cleaners etc should do the trick

Ive been thinking about changing my purple savvy into a silver one. has anyone done that how hard is it to get the annodizing off??

I'm stripping a blue revo chassis at the moment. takes a while and alot of replacing the oven cleaner I'm finding. i also find that occasionally giving it a quick sand with fine grade helps

i sarted out with all purple but since alot of the purple has already been scratched off i think ill just take the rest off. and make it silver. which revo do you have i have the 2.5

autoglym clean wheels. or any heavy duty alloy wheel cleaner you US boys and girls can get hold of, leave it to soak for about 5 mins and wipe off. i found out the hard way on a few things!!:bang:

once you remove the anodzing is the aluminum underneath shiny?

i depends, it can be, but clean wheels is quite caustic, so would tend to dull the ally. a polish with some metal polish and a polishing wheel or summit on a dremel should sort it tho. if you don't laquer it, it will dull, due to the natural corrosion aluminium does in contact with air.

now, technically it should be self etching, which i don't think anyone makes. i know from spraying ally that a self etching primer is needed, as ally is non-ferrous, normal primers don't 'stick' to the ally. if you were to use a normal laquer, it may just flake off under a mild impact, or go really matt. i have had acceptable results by heating ally up, not that hot, prob 25-30 degrees c and spraying laquer on it, but i really aint that sure. sorry bud.

i'm sure your local spraying shop should be able to help you out. the other option of course, i don't know prices aunfortunately would be to get the pieces clear anodized...

i would just do as darkshaine said and use some good quality automotive laquer if it flakes after a while light sand it then do it again it will be a lot cheaper than anodizing

Latest posts

Members online

Back