Should I boil my A-arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w00t

Well, should I? Will that make them more flexible?

When I got my old Nitro MT kit they recommended boiling the a-arms to make it so they wouldn't snap so easily. Will this help the Savage X arms at all?

Thanks!

I never heard of boiling the a arms to make them softer, I would expect the heat of boiling to make them more prone to break, causing the plastic to get brittle. Ever see what happens to just ordnary plastic in the summer gets brittle and break easy. I would advise leaving the arms alone, I hav enever broke mine on my savvy 25 adn I have run mine hard and put it up wet.

Well I'm asking because I've already managed (in 3 weeks of owning the truck) to break a top A-arm on my X, I run mine pretty hard and any little bit of flex will help when I land my big jumps wrong.

Boiling the a-arms is a technique that some people use to make theirs more durable. I did that with my NMT arms and never had any problems with the arms after that. There was actually a sheet of paper packed in with my NMT kit that recommended boiling the a-arms to make them more durable/flexible. It by no means made them soft though.

its not really necessary, only time i say do it is if it getes extremely cold in your area but it still wont do much, run them as they are and if they break buy some more for 4 bucks

Latest posts

Members online

Back