Shock Spring Color Designations???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckelloggjr

Can anyone tell me what color shock springs are what stiffness? I see all the colors but I do not know what is what & what to get. Thanks once again,

ck

i have a set of purple ones coming that are classified as "super duty springs" i ordered them from new era hobbies!! there nice stiff ones and I'm putting in 35 wt shock fluid in my stock shocks!!

check out site jesters thread about the hpi aluminum shocks he tells ya how to fill shocks step by step there!! its in the thread hpisf reviews i know its about alum shocks but u fill the stock ones the same and have to make sure u don't over fill them and no air bubbles!! hope this helps!.........

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks savageshaun i think i overfilled mine

ya if there over filled they can actually blow when u land off a jump!! lol

i think u push the shock shaft all the way in then fill the shock!
then u slowly pull the shaft back out carefully(watching for air bubbles) be careful or shock fluid could shoot out if your pulling the shock shaft out to fast!! when its fully pulled out check to make sure u have enough fluid in the shock, if not add a bit!!! i think thats what he said but if i were u i would read his info anyway!

shock oil really depends on what the driver perfers. I would stay for 30wt -50wt depending on springs used and pistons used. I am not sure on codes for the different springs, I think black (26 coils) is super firm, purple (26 coils) is super firm, blue (26 coils)is firm, green (23.5 coils)is med, and red (27 coils) is soft, those are HPI springs. The Integy Progressive springs are as follows- Green Super Hard, Brown Extra Hard, Red Hard, Purple Medium, and Blue Soft.
You want to fill the shocks up and cycle the shafts up and down slowly to get the air out before you put the caps back on.

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Members online

Back