Shock Socks --> Necessary or What?

Are shock socks useful?

• Yes - get some

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No - don't waste your money

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Other than helping keeping dirt off shocks and the trick look, is there a real need to use shock socks?

How many people use them?

I got mine from some guy at the Baja forum who sent them to me in an envelope for $10. They seem to be good quality. If they're worth having, I think I'll get them for this machine also.

Thanks

i bash my trucks in the local quarry, mostly sand, so ya i love my sockies, you got to clean the socks every one in awhile though
i mean, eventually crap will get in there, but cleanup time and damage will be almost null and void

i say, get em, there worth the money

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a set yet. Maybe I'll have to give em a check out.

I've seen em on a couple trucks & they look pretty kool.

I think its a matter of personal preference, i wouldnt call them a waste or a necessity I'm sure your truck will perform with or without.

i have to agree, I'm sure they do help and they have some awsome patterns on some of them like lightning and fire but i wouldnt say there a "must have" but why not if they look cool and help keep the grit out? And here ya go AJ http://www.badhorsie.com/

Can't hurt to buy them and try them. I've been looking at a few and debating on buying them. They have to make cleaning out the shocks a little easier and not as many cleaning needed.

there not really worth it. the shock shafts arnt getting hit with any major force of dirt or rocks. In the atv world we use shock covers to protect the shaft from the guy in front of you throwing rocks. with these little trucks/cars there not getting hit hard enough to damage the shock itself. and on the down stroke of the shock it cleans the shaft anyway. My opinion only.

SavageBasherxl you must be referring to the actual shock boots and not the socks. The socks are meant to keep the springs cleaner. I know what you're talking about with the ATV world and protecting the shaft of the shocks. You're right we really don't have to worry to much with the shaft getting damaged by dirt and pebbles/rocks, but we still have the troubles of having really dirty springs. With the sock covers on the springs it makes having to clean them easier. Here it's the really rainy season so I'm playing in wet sand and mud most of the time right now. Wishing I had them right now so I don't have to clean so much off the springs.

A spray bottle full of simple green and a small air compressor gets everything nice and new looking.

I spray it on, let it soak for a minute and blow everything off.

wal-mart carries it in the automotive isle.

Latest posts

Members online

Back