Shock Rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

I've been havin trouble with my shock rods bending.Is there any stonger ones that i could get?Are the Losi shocks suppose to be stronger than the stock(Savage) ones.

The stock shocks are actually one of the strongest shocks that fit the savy. The LST shocks are a better shock because they bampen the bumps much better but for bashing the stockers are perfect.

As far as rods bending make sure that the arms and everything are in good shape along with the shock towers. make sure they are all tight and nothing busted/cracked, Also look for something that is flexing to much. As you shouldnt have a problem with the stock shocks. You will start to bend the rods if something is flexing or busted.

What for oil are you running in them, they say anything over 10 you have the tendence to bend them,, I know there was a misprint in the manual that said to run 100 but as I said that was a misprint cuz a guy at the track found that out the hard way, his shocks bent every time he came off a jump.

O. you should be fine up to about 40wt oil. I personally wouldnt go past 35 as that seems to be the best in the stock shocks. 10 wouldent even dampen.

I run 35wt and blue springs with the preloads and the only time I bend them is in frontal impacts. I go for big air and this setup seems to work all around aswell. As Larsen said, any play in the parts will affect it. Make sure there is no front to back play in your arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pritty much what I ment, I also run 35wt I just was saying what the manual said, and that was a recamandation of 10wt. I had tryed 10 and yes you are right dident work all that well but did work, and was just wondering what oilwt he was using cuz if you run too heavy of a wt you will bend your shocks....:duh:

I have also found that filling the shocks to the brim of the shock body will cause problems. I usualy go about 1mm below the top. The right amount of air seems to be a big factor for me.

Like Park said about 1 to 2mm from the top is about right. Ususally if the oil is to thick your truck will just land hard and bounce into the air, but on occasion will bust something, usually just blow the plastic cartrig.

You will usually know when you have to much oil in the shock body. When you tighten the shock cap down, push in on the shock shaft with out the spring and if it pushes back out itself you have to much oil.

Thanks alot guys,I run 40wt in my shocks and i had no problem with them up until now.If i would upgrade to rpm arms and aluminum shock towers would that help solve the problem.

Does anyone have RPM arms,are they what they claim(UNBREAKABLE).Who makes the best shock towers and bulkheads.

I have the RPM arms and they are great. Guaranteed for life under normal conditions. I broke one set of stock arms, did some research and replaced them with a set of RPM arms and liked the one set so much I replaced all the ones that weren't broken with RPM arms and keep the stock ones as spares. Does any one know what wt. oil is stock on the 4.6 X? Also what spring tension are the black springs? Does anyone know what the spring tension is for each color?

Latest posts

Members online

Back