shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur

just a quick question, on a savage x 4.6 how full should the shocks be with oil, and what weight is best in front and rear,

Last edited by a moderator:
the oil they come with is recycled cooling oil for the equipment that makes them lol no joke its been so long since i had stock shocks I could not give you a good number

But the shocks should be full to the top with the shaft compressed all the way in and no air bubbles then cap it

i like 30 wgt all the way around with big bores. good weight for grabbing big air & running un-even surfaces on mine.

40 for me two with stock alum shocks. Try the shock mod cost a dollar for the fuel tubing and is a great mod to help with the handling.

I have 30 wt shock oil in my threaded aluminum bodied HPI's and I like it. Haven't really tried other weights but I have no complaints about the 30 wt. Soaks up big drops well.

I'm running the stock shocks again and am using 35 wt silicone shock fluid and it seems just perfect not to stiff but the suspension doesnt "sag" anymore at the back like it did...

just a personal prefereance... but i rum 30wt car oil all the way around and love it and ive tried so many different wts and different things such as cooking oil... dish soap n water.. trans fluid. laundry soap..ect ect if its liquid i tried it pretty much... but 30wt car oil ftw....

just a personal prefereance... but i rum 30wt car oil all the way around and love it and ive tried so many different wts and different things such as cooking oil... dish soap n water.. trans fluid. laundry soap..ect ect if its liquid i tried it pretty much... but 30wt car oil ftw....

ha ha funny great :joker:

lmao for real though ..I'm trying to rem if i did a thread on shock oils before lol but honestly ive tried crazy stuff and its all experimental ... but car oil for the win... $2.00 for a quart compared to 5.00 bux a lil bottle lol

for real try the car oil .. i live where its hot so it works sweet here in az ... so try it if you don't like it you can use it in the mower or car what ever... only 2 bux... the rc oil is expensive and if you get 2 bottles and don't like it your out 10 bux.. so go for it ...works awesome with the shock mod to....

Latest posts

Members online

Back