Shock Oil Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

What weight shock oil do you guys recommend for jumping because my truck bottems out to much.I just recently bought 50wt,but I'm not quite sure if its to much for the stock shocks.

I use 50wt all around it works great for me the reason I use it os because the farmer down the street has a motocross track on his land and I was having problems with my truck bottoming out

Boy 50wt is going to be very stiff for the stock shocks with plastic bodys. Plus your savy will just bounce. They are filled with 30wt stock I believe. I would go with 35wt silicon shock oil(max 40wt).

I use 35wt and the HPI blue springs. I fill it up to about 1mm from the top, meniscus line anyways. This setup works very well for me and only bottoms out if I hold the savy above my head and drop it. Every once in a while I'll get a cap that appears to be cross threaded on but only after jumps like clearing the street with a ditch in front of it. Wait for the video, you'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
50 front 30 back for me with stock black springs. I have 3/4in limiters still does not bottom out unless I'm missing around getting really big air.

I agree with sj, 40wt. for me. I thought it would be to heavy but actually worked out perfect.

I'm running 35 wt silicone fluid and seems stiff enough for me!! unless maybe you launched it 30 feet in the air or something lol!! just remember if you switch out the stock shock fluid for silicone you have to clean out the shocks really well because on the savage x 4.1 i know for a fact they were filled with motor oil, and hpi suggests they were equivalent to 20 wt!! and the motor oil don't mix well with silicone!! just a heads up!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back