Shifting Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgetson

On my savage sometimes it doesn't change gears nicely. One time it actually got stuck inbetween gears and was reving really high. Most of the time it runs fine and shifts from 1st to 2nd fine, but when I hit 2nd and then brake sometimes it takes a second or two for it to switch back to 1st. Sometimes it will just sit there for a second and won't move, then it makes a noise like its shifting and then its fine. The truck is only a week old and I really just finished breaking it in (about 8 tanks). What would be causing this problem? What would need adjusting? I'm still new to the R/C nitro scene.

(I reposted this in the Drivetrain section. It was previously posted in the engine tune/break in section. I didn't know how to move it there) Sorry for the repost.

Thanks

I took my truck to my LHS and they found the problem. It was a bearing in the transmission. The truck was new so they fixed it for free. The didn't really tell me what they replaced but they told me that they had to take the part off of a brand new one (they didn't have the part in stock). I just thought I should answer my own question just incase anyone else had this problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Back