servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure if this is the right place but here it goes. As you all now the stock sterring on the savage sucks or well mines does. I'm looking to buy a new servo and i have been looking at a Hitec 645mg Servo do you think this would be a good enogh one to turn or r there better ones out there. thanks

I have used the Hitec 645mg before, but now I use the Hitec 5645mg. Just a little more torque than the 645, but the 645 severed me well for 2 years before I upgraded.

Mine stock one stripped.the one place plastic sucks.lol..I use a Hobbico Commander CS-70 I paod about 50 bucks for it....works good for me.

Well i found a 645mg servo on ebay brand new for not to much. I guess i will try it and see how much better my stering will be thanks alot guys. I also found a 625 mg will this one be okay if i cant get the 645?

Last edited by a moderator:
whats wrong with the stock servo just wondering mine is still stock and never had a problem with it (well not true) I did have a tooth break but just repalaced the gear (my buddy had a sock servo laying around)

well i don't know the stock one in mine just doesnt want to turn i have adjusted the sensitivity and still nothing i can get it to turn on the table with the motor off but i go bashing it just acts like it is striped so i just figured buying a new one then trying to fix my old one

It just doesn't turn very well while its running?? I know when the tire are sitting on the ground and I try to turn them they hardly move thats the way they allways been (but your right probably need a new one )

yeah ill put a new one on it and try that I'm wanting to upgrade the wheels and tires so it would prolly be a good idea. they don't seem to be very much on ebay. and yes it wont turn while its running it will turn while on the table but not outside lol

Stock is fine.....until you try something better. :) Then you'll know what you've been missing. The 645MG is popular for MTs and will work adequately, but the 625MG only has around 90 in/oz, and that's not enough for a big truck's steering. It'll work well for throttle/brake, though.

they are amazing. they look cheap but alot of people at my club use them in all types of cars and they do have alot of torque. i reccomend.

Yeah i was reading up on the mg995's and i think I'm going to buy them and try them out they seem like they r going to be pretty good for the money.

i have a similar problem with the steering when the truck is on the groumd stationary the steering does not appear to move but if you move it or lift up the front its ok i was putting it down to the fact that these are a heavy truck and also the tyre are wide therefore a lot of drag could this be thw case
i am having trouble with my brakes though there is very little movement on the servo to operate the brakes due to the throttle being off and the linkage pushin against it
any ideas thanks
chris

piece
servo arm. check that the drake arm hooked to the servo move
separate
from the throttle arm above it with tension from the spring. when you go to neutral or idle you should be able to push forward on the throttle lever to activate the brakes the brake arm should then engage the brakes

It lasted about about 1 tank. I took the truck inside for the afterrun oil session and smelled burnt rubber and saw a puff of some come out and after that the servo was dead.

As for the shipping, they didnt pick it up but I didnt ask for them to anyways. Priority shipping to Hong Kong cost $5 so I didnt even think to ask.

hi have you got your new one yet. other than the faulty one haow do you rate the other servo for torque e.t.c does it turn whilst on the ground
:motorcycle:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back