Servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifftit

at what point do we decide how much servo is too much for steering?
right now in 2 of my trucks(X and flux) i run Savox SC0251MG 222oz@6v and in the other 2 (XL and shelfqueen) i run savox SC 1267SG 180@6v or [email protected].
as throttle servos I run HPI SF-50 in all but the shelfqueen

I want to make the jump to all 7.4v so i can use LiPo reviever batteries and cut down on items i carry with me for the hobby as i will be living in a camper again this summer.

here is what i am looking at.
Savox SV1270TG [email protected] for steering. too much? isnt goint to rip the stering out my trucks, is it?
Savox SV1268SG [email protected] for throttle. too small?

It shouldn't hurt anything, but that much torque will just overwhelm the servo saver if the wheels are stuck. So, you won't be able to use half the power it supplies. But, odds are you will never break it.

For throttle, I like running closer to 200oz on MT's. The heavy truck takes a bit of power to stop. Going with too weak of a servo may stop the truck, but you would be redlining/stalling the servo frequently, so it probably won't last as long as one with higher torque.

my plan for now will be to run them at 6.0v but at least have all my rc 7.4v capable.

buy 4-SV1270TG high current servos for all 4 of my vehicles in the steering slot.
move the 2 SC1267 high current that I have into the throttle/brake slot of the 2 nitro trucks i have
and research the 7.4 volt servo gig at a later day

how can you run a servo at 7.4v instead of the normal 6v thats just plugged in the receiver? extra battery needed somewhere else? i am considering the 1270tg as well for my flux xl.

takes finnesse
with electric, you need to install whats called a BEC between the ESC and the servos to cut the voltage on lipos from 7 to 6 and to supply 7 to servos
nitro, you just install a LiPo pack instead of hump, and add a voltage regulator

some recievers are 7.4v ready. most arent

Latest posts

Members online

Back