Servo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRsavage

Ok I a real newbie to all this so please excuse any stupid things I might write.
I got a Savage X for christmas and I have read a few posts on here about the stock steering servo not being the best and have just been given an old Tamiya TA-01 battery touring car chasis with two acoms IC as-12 sevos. My question - are these any better than the stock or would they even fit?

Thanks in advance for any reponse

Andrew

Not sure if they fit (I haven't see them) or of the torque specs of those car servos, but I would guess that because it is a car that is much lighter than the savage more than likely they would be worse than the stock truck servos.

Hope that was of some help.

JT

i was lookin at a new servo i have the same truck as you but after driving it a bit i have decided that the steering is ok especially off road when moving so as i don't intend on turning much while stationary i am going to concentrate on my brakes you may notice thet aint to clever and soon appear to fade with a liile use
enjoy it anyway
chris
:DJjam: :DJjam:

thanks for all the advice, I have just finished the fourth tank and have decided to leave it for a while then decide.

Thanks again everbody

Thanks for asking hows its been goin R6 Daddy, very slowly i'm afraid. I will be staying stock for a while yet - just bought my first house so have no money left and also the weather being what it is over here in Northern Ireland at the minute I haven't been out much with the car, I've been out kayaking instead.
I'll be out again soon though. Once I do get a few new toys i'll let you all know how I get on with them.

hey nine is still stock mate no less fun though i had it out this afternoon for a quick rip but i have no money to spend either my dog is ill and costing a fortune every day and i am saving as i want a new motorbike this year

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back