Servo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triniheli

Hi everyone

This is my first post on this forum and I must say this it is most impressive and I'm glad to be a part of it all.

So I've got a question about spektrum servos. I recently built my savage Xss and I got a spektrum DX3 system to go along with it.

I got 2 servos with the tx. One is a hi torque and the other is a standard servo. I put the high torque on the steering and the standard on the throttle. Everything works great except that I do not get enough turning radius. In other words the truck makes very wide turns instead of sharp ones. I even adjusted the travel on the steering channel to max and I think it's still not turning sharp enough.

Question is did I put the high torque where the standard servo was supposed to go? Maybe the standard servo has more travel?

If anyone can help here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

you could try a longer servo arm to give a little more turning if you have already tried the end points. also check to make sure nothing is binding anywhere.

do what gzus11 said but bear in mind the savage is a truck and not a touring on road car. what surfaces are you running on?
4x4

Also make sure the adjustment (tensioner) nut for the spring on the cam steering servo saver hasn't backed off. I had a similar issue where I forgot to loctite the adjustment (tensioner) nut and after running one tank it loosened and the truck would hardly turn.

OK can you do a U turn in the middle of the street (normal residential street)
and if you try to do this with throttle your not going to with this truck in a stock fashion.
You need a big play ground for this monster truck

I figured this is how they made the truck. I can do a u-turn in my street so I figure this is how it was meant to be.

I will check the tensioner nut and if I want more turning, I may change the servo arm.

Thanks again guys, this has been very helpful.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back