Servo problems and advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarjS

Hi all. Would appreciate some advice if poss. Running in my 3rd tank and the car stopped. Would not start. Took home and troubleshooted in garage. Found out that somehow the connection from the battery to the receiver would over heat whenever I turned the receiver switch on. So I took out another receiver and transmitter and same problem. This time though when I turned the steering on the transmitter, a big plume of smoke came out of the steering servo. Then I pressed the throttle and another puff of smoke from the throttle servo!! Wtf!! Decided to replace steering servo for one I got with my reverse module and hey presto it worked! Now awaiting newly purchased savox servos. haven't tried the throttle servo as it only moves when I switch it on and I haven't got a spare. Pretty sure its gone tho coz the throttle needle doesn't move at all when I turn it on and press the throttle on the transmitter. Is there a difference in digital and analog servos and has anyone else experienced these issues??? Oh and most importantly can someone please put a tutorial up on how to change the throttle servo. Too many arms and pins. Don't wanna mess with it unless I'm sure what to do. Steering servo replacement was a doddle tho. Many thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back