Schumacher Fusion (Picco P3) 28 Turbo 1/10th 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Londoner

c0ckney geezer!!
I've always fancied a Fusion .28, now it's been revamped with a 2.4ghz radio (crappy basic 2.4ghz mind) a few other upgrades and an 8+1 port Picco X28 (P3) with turbo head, the cooling head is now grey instead of the ugly purple head that was on the previous 7+1 port X28 (P3) in the previous Fusion.

As soon as funds allow it I'll be getting one and this engine is available separately for just over £100 (an F or K4.6 is £160ish here lol) so also I'll be replacing my LRP .30 in the Savage when it gives up with one of these, to buy a Picco P3 here would set you back £190ish so a turbo P3 (Schumacher/Picco X28) for just over £100 is too good to pass on.

Fusion28_turbo_FTQ_RED_1000.jpg

fusion28_turbo_radio_1000.jpg

Fusion28_turbo_ftq_1000.jpg

fusion28_turbo_side_1000.jpg

fusion28_turbo_toprq_1000.jpg

New for 2010 the updated Nitro Fusion 28 Turbo is one of the fastest R/C cars on the planet.

It is powered by the awesome Schumacher X28 (4.5cc) engine built by Italy's legendary engine manufacturer, Picco. Now incorporating 8 + 1 ports and Turbo head this fully race tuned monster produces huge 3.25 horsepower and 40,000 rpm. With the help of the unique Schumacher 3 speed transmission, it can propel the Fusion 28 Turbo to an astonishing 80+mph.

Power is nothing without control and the new Fusion 28 Turbo now comes with a 2.4GHz digital radio system.

Features

* 80+ mph top speed
* New 2.4GHz Steer wheel radio
* New 8+1 Port Picco built .28 Turbo (4.5cc) engine
* 3 Speed transmission
* Electric start backplate & shaft
* CNC Alloy Tuned pipe
* High grip competition Japanese foam tyres from ATS
* 4wd transmission with an enclosed 16mm wide kevlar reinforced drive belt
* New 7075 T6 4mm thick strong aluminium anodised chassis
* Ball differentials with steel outdrives
* Fully adjustable race developed suspension
* Oil filled purple alloy shocks with ground colour coded springs
* Enclosed radio and battery box.
* Pre painted body with Red or Blue trim
* Standard 12mm touring car wheel hex.
* Full range of option parts available.

The Fusion 28 Turbo has the grip and handling to match thanks to the race developed fully adjustable suspension from the British National Championship winning Fusion R12 and ATS competition foam tyres.

Source

i love it.

the "other rc" section has always been a personal favourite of mine. id like to see some threads once you get one london :resp:

don't do it! I have a menace with the same Picco. The menace and Fusion are 90% the same. 1 has truck wheels and suspension and the other has car. The universal shafter are tiny and break easy under the strain of a big block. The three spd is non adjustable (sucks) and the gears strip very easy. That stock pipe also sucks big time. Parts are a nightmare to get also.

I used to have the older fusion 21 but it had the big block upgrade. Unless you have a wide upon, very smooth surface to run on with nothing in the way or around, go for it. If you plan on racing, get something different. A 28 BB in a 1/10th on-road car is way overkill. It's hard to get traction, you can't turn at full speed, not a whole lot of fun to drive. Unless you just like goin in straight lines really fast. And that 80+ mph speed claim is with the optional high speed clutch bell.

And on a side note, if you do get one, make sure your wearing very thick shoes or steel toed shoes/boots. They hurt extremely when hit by one goin WOT in 3rd. Trust me, I know from experience.

don't do it! I have a menace with the same Picco. The menace and Fusion are 90% the same. 1 has truck wheels and suspension and the other has car. The universal shafter are tiny and break easy under the strain of a big block. The three spd is non adjustable (sucks) and the gears strip very easy. That stock pipe also sucks big time. Parts are a nightmare to get also.

I used to have the older fusion 21 but it had the big block upgrade. Unless you have a wide upon, very smooth surface to run on with nothing in the way or around, go for it. If you plan on racing, get something different. A 28 BB in a 1/10th on-road car is way overkill. It's hard to get traction, you can't turn at full speed, not a whole lot of fun to drive. Unless you just like goin in straight lines really fast. And that 80+ mph speed claim is with the optional high speed clutch bell.

And on a side note, if you do get one, make sure your wearing very thick shoes or steel toed shoes/boots. They hurt extremely when hit by one goin WOT in 3rd. Trust me, I know from experience.

Cheers for the heads up guys! Any and all advice is warmly welcomed :resp:

Parts I'm not too worried about, Schumacher, being a UK manufacturer, there's quite a few places here that stock Schumacher parts, Wheelspin models for example stocks pretty much all Fusion and other Schumacher parts http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/category/Schumacher-Fusion-Parts__29b/

I have a Dynamite 086 and 053 sitting around here unused which could replace the stock pipe, TBH I don't expect an expensive pipe on a fairly cheap RTR which this is, didn't realise the 3spd was non-adjustable though and the weak drive shaft's doe's concern me, maybe there's a hop up or aftermarket stronger shafts available, I'll look into that.

Where to run it did worry me a little but there's a couple of tarmac car parks near me that are empty most weekends, got no interest in racing, TBH there isn't many places near me to run my Savage either.

IDK now lol either way, if I do or don't, that Picco .28 turbo at that price is my next engine for the Savage. :picco: I realise it's way overkill in a 1/10 road car but isn't that the point?? lol :bad driver:

Londoner if you want a on road nitro this is the best you can get.

http://serpent.com/product/903009

These things go 120-150mph.

They are the F1 of the RC world. Fair warning you are going to want a good sized parking lot. Driving them is insain. You point them somewhere and they go.

[YOUTUBE]cv3lml5XkTE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Yep they do look insane, but so is the price lol just had a quick browse around on the web and nowhere in the UK seems to stock them or parts, would cost me over £500 GBP from the USA for the car minus engine and radio gear + shipping + customs charges (17% upwards depending on how much of a retard the customs inspector is, they have been known to make up the charges as they see fit) would end up at well over £1000 GBP as opposed to £350 RTR for the fusion, but, there are a few used Serpents on the bay so maybe it's worth thinking about. :thinking:

Foam tires with paragon traction compound. They don't have as moch bite as they seem. It is all in the throttal control. They are not easy to drive.

Yep, way outta my price range for a road RC, if I was into them that much then maybe I'd do it but I'm not lol I've easily spent £2000 GBP on the Savage though crazzy, including the cost of the stock X RTR, possibly more if I included all the shipping costs.

try out the foam tires with paragon traction compound with the on-road when you get it. it is amazing. Although you will go through tires fast.

Londoner, here's a link to the thread I have on here in regards to the fusion. Granted, it's a damage thread, but still a thread none the less. I really didn't take it easy on the car either, not as ruff as the savage, but I didn't baby it either. The last page has a pic of my foot from when I hit it. It's all explained in the thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Back