Savage XS Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the xs flux over the weekend. Ran it twice and now it won't go forward or reverse but the steering works fine. The light on the esc is flashing green. What does that mean?

Thanks,

could be the lvc doin it also yes, how much runtime did it have b4 shutting down? whats the condition of the batteries.

Roughly 25 mins or so I guess. The battery is new. When this started to happen it had only been charged twice.

Roughly 25 mins or so I guess. The battery is new. When this started to happen it had only been charged twice.

well from what I have read that is respectable runtime. recharge the battery and try it again. it seems like it had not enuff juice and shut down the lvc...

Ok, turns out that was not the problem. Freshly charged battery (2S 5000mah), first pull of the trigger it works then nothing. Once I got closer to it, I put it into reverse to get it away from the fence and it went backwards out of control. I could not stop it. Luckily a curb got in its way. Any ideas on what is happening?

could be several things , but it sounds like an esc problem by the description of what is goin on.... also could be the radio dropping signal also tho... while I don't profess to be an expert on these brushless systems I have also had this problem on brushed stuff also. check all the receiver connections and start looking for bad wires somewhere, if nuthin then maybe a call to hpi tech support is your next move....

i just want to mention one thing before you do anything....make sure!!!! the motor connections to the ESC are tight because i had a previous ESC problem as well with the same truck. one of the 3 connection wires from the motor was loose. what i mean by that is if my truck hit a big bump or high jump the ESC would start twitching randomly because of a weak connection.

i got a tinny flat screw driver jammed it into the connection quarters and expanded them a little bit. after that everything was fine.... check the 3 wires BEFORE you do anything else.

i forgot to mention....does your truck have the stock ESC or did you replace it?

Turns out there was something wrong with the TX/RX. I called HPI customer support and after having a conversation with the guy, he asked me to send it in. Less than two weeks later I had new.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

rctruck

Thats GREAT !!!!! Glad they helped ya out.... HPI does have great customer service thats for sure.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back