savage xs ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNation

Mister QUESTION with no SEARCHIES
after bashing for about 20 minutes the car randomly doesnt respond unless i turn off/on the ESC. The battery situation is fine its full or at least there is more than enough juice to not let the ESC turn the motor off to protect the battery. Most of the time after i unplug and replug the esc works but the problem consists even when i have another full battery replacement. now is that an ESC problem???? its been happening ever since i got my savage XS off someone which mean i got it used. any feedback will help me a great deal.

whats thermal shutdown. i measure my motor temps and they never exceeded 160-170 f

Last edited by a moderator:
whats thermal shutdown. i measure my motor temps and they never exceeded 160-170 f

Once again you need to refer to the manual. it details thermal shutdown in it... but it means either the motor or esc is getting too hot and it shuts it down to save from burning up......

I GOT THE MAMBA MAX PRO GUYS......the other esc couldnt take too much heat from the 2 x 2s lipos 5000mah.... this one needs almost no breaks.. and can handle up to 6s.

lets see how it handles over time..... what you guys think about MAMBA MAX PRO??

yup, if ya spend enuff on stuff ya usually get some results... glad it is workin good now, and yes all the castle stuff is great electronics.... maybe ya outta post up some pix of what ya have , we all like to see other peeps rc stuff.....

The MMP is a great esc. That's what I'm using in my xs. Yes the esc can handle up to 6s, but depending on what motor you are running while determine what size batt you can use. Me personally, I'm sticking with 2s packs. I've got a 3s pack just to see and have the power, but the truck isn't any fun to run on 3s. Even with punch control set to 75% +. It's been awhile since I've ran mine do to getting laid off awhile ago and when getting back to work, work 55+ hours a week. And, here in Fl, it's pretty much been raining almost every free time I've had. I've also got a thread on here somewhere with details and info on what I've done to my x's.

F.Y.I. keep an eye on the center drive cups, they wear out fairly quick. I replaced mine with hardened ones I found on eBay, can't remember the company though. I'll try and remember to get the company name and post back. Another good investment is the Turtle Racing front bumper. There's a vid on youtube of a guy going head on into a guard rail @ around 50 MPH and that bumper pretty much saved his truck.

I'm running the stock motor 4000kv motor and I'm going to start 2x 3s 5000 35c batteries and 2x 2s 5000 25 c batteries. So all in all in all 4 batteries altogether with total of 20000mah which i hope i can get through all of this power without stopping for breaks as a result of heat problems.

i was looking at this item but not sure if it will fit my savage xs stock motor....not sure of the dimensions of the motor..

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/346704/011-0019-00-CC-Blower-20-Series/

I'm running the stock motor 4000kv motor and I'm going to start 2x 3s 5000 35c batteries and 2x 2s 5000 25 c batteries. So all in all in all 4 batteries altogether with total of 20000mah which i hope i can get through all of this power without stopping for breaks as a result of heat problems.

i was looking at this item but not sure if it will fit my savage xs stock motor....not sure of the dimensions of the motor..

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/346704/011-0019-00-CC-Blower-20-Series/

seems maybe an investment in some basic tools would benefit you some.... a caliper would be nice to have.....

OOOooooKKKKKK so setting and checking tolerances means nothing to you I see.... good luck in the hobby my friend.....

if ya had a caliper you would be able to accurately measure the diameter of your motor and then send castle the dimensions maybe then you would know if the fan unit fit before ya waste money buying the wrong part..... but it seems you choose not to listen to experienced people who are giving ya advice and help..... as for you getting any more help here from me I will not say another word about it...... enjoy the learning curve all alone there my friend.....

I feel that we should sit around a campfire and sing kumbaya. Maybe roast some marshmallows.

feednoob

:deadhorse:

I feel that we should sit around a campfire and sing kumbaya. Maybe roast some marshmallows.

feednoob

:deadhorse:

Long as there is Booze I will be there :lmao: but I aint holding hands with nobody......

well he will have to get by without I suppose LOL unless you are willing to stand in for me

well he will have to get by without I suppose LOL unless you are willing to stand in for me

No, no, no.....he said he likes Jam on his peanut butter.

why is my MAMBA MAX PRO light blinking continuously ? the throttle seems to switch sometimes and there is no power at all.....is this a problem...?? can it be fixed?

Alright guys......i found the problem with the mamba max pro.... Actually the problem was not from it it was from the motor. One of the 3 motor connections was a little loose when connected to the esc wire. When connected together they were so loose that a big jump while bashing could unplug them a little bit creating the bad signal. The motor would start twitching.... What i did to solve the problem was jam a tiny screw driver in the connection head and expand the 4 quarter just a tiny bit. This made the connection much stronger. I ran the truck with 2x5000mah batteries and there were no problems at all thank god. \

just thought i would share.... Pictures coming soon guys with some nice tires and wheels. I'm upgrading the drive train also with hot racing item because the stock is getting eaten alive with only 2s. I figured with 3s on the way theyre not going to last so might as well upgrade.

Good Deal !!!! as you found out connections are crucial for proper operation of the model..... PIX are always good to see as no one has any idea what ya have without them.......

the flux vector motor is a badass motor i have to say of the size of the truck i can run it all day and it will keep going.....is there a stronger one for the savage xs? i was looking at the castle 1406 but i don't know how much stronger it is.... anyone have any idea?

The reason behind why the motor is so good is because the motor size is for 1/10 th scale cars & trucks but the xs is actually a smaller scale size than 1/10 th. I believe it's actually a 1/12 th scale or maybe more like 1/14 th. You can go with the 1406 series 4600kv motor, but you'd probably be happier going with the 1410 motor. The 1410 is a 3800kv 4 pole motor and will handle different gearing better than the 1406. Also, the 1410 is basically the same as the stock motor, but made with better internals. There's tons of info online all you have to do is search.

There's tons of info online all you have to do is search.

Good information, sadly it will likely fall on deaf ears.

Notice his title, self explanatory.

Latest posts

Members online

Back