Savage XL roll cage. HPI part # 102526

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Londoner

c0ckney geezer!!
Bout time they did something about the cage for the XL, shame it's an option part though, should be standard IMO.

ROLL CAGE SET (SAVAGE XL)
Spacer
# 102526
SAVAGE XL
Want to strengthen your Savage XL5T against rolls and crashes? Add this composite roll cage to increase your truck's durability and cool factor!

This Roll Case Set includes everything needed to attach the Savage X-style roll cage to the Savage XL.

xlcage.jpg

Source <-----

No retailers seem to be listing it yet as far as I can find, so no idea of a price.

I like the extra brace that clips to the TVP behind the engine for support, adjustable with body clips, good idea IMO.

It may become standard on the XL in the future. I can't see why it wouldn't. At the same time they need to have the option part as well for all the trucks they have sold without it. Heck they made the BP diffs standard now and I had to pay $80 to get those, I'm sure this will be packed in with the new XL's in the near future.

i didn't know they had them in the xl now too. but what would be cool is if eventually they had them on all the savages because i always see people on other forums get steered away from the savage because they say it diff problems.

Like I said I think they have discontinued all the other diffs, so it should be in all the trucks that come out from now on.

:rock:MY SAVAGE 4.6 CAME STOCK W/ROLL BAR .I LEARNED TO ADJUST IT UP AFTER BENDING MY CYL FINS. ROLL BAR HAS SAVED ALOT OF DAMAGE.

Just installed this on my Novarossi XL.. very steardy I like it alot and the upgraded fuel tank mounts hold that steardy as well. Those round things if you are wondering are roto start guides lol.

I was wondering what those were but I don't use a roto so I was stumped lol.. I like the way it has like a counter leaver effect, makes the rear of the cage were it tapers down ALOT stiffer then the stock X.

Just installed this on my Novarossi XL.. very steardy I like it alot and the upgraded fuel tank mounts hold that steardy as well. Those round things if you are wondering are roto start guides lol.

dose anyone have pics of how to mount the round roto start guides? i was trying to figure out what they where for...

I was wondering what those were but I don't use a roto so I was stumped lol.. I like the way it has like a counter leaver effect, makes the rear of the cage were it tapers down ALOT stiffer then the stock X.
that's funny tuna nice find.

gimme 5 min i'll post you some

o coool beans thanks judicator... hpi could have really put that in the instructions.. it took me a bit to figure out what the new heavy duty tank mounts where hpi's instructions could be better. thanks again big help

I have tried to fit those Roto Starts Guides to 5 different Roto Starts which I have on my Savages and they do not fit any of them. 3 of them are genuine HPI and 2 after market, the holes on all mine are 18.5mm across the centres and the holes on the roto start guides are 16.5mm.So what Roto start do they fit ?
I have 2 on K5.9 engines, 1 on a K4.6 engine, 1 on an F4.6 engine and 1 on a Savage25. all have the roto start shaft at the top left corner.

Attachments

• IMG_20220330_184105.jpg
    IMG_20220330_184105.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220330_184019.jpg
    IMG_20220330_184019.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Members online

Back