Savage xl rebuild

Thread starter #1
Well its time for a rebuild so i thought id share my progress.
I'm going to be running it with a super 5sc center diff from rc4me.com,2000kv motor,hobbywing 150a quickrun esc, dual steering servos and some custom mods heres pics so far....

Attachments

Thread starter #5
No not yet pal ive got rubber stops inside the shocks and 40wt oil and i used a long m5 screw to attach the big bores (been doing m5 srew in the shock tower for ages works well no more bent shock screws)...i do a lot of really big jumps so i think it could do with extra damping ..ill have see how they hold up I'm not holding my hopes up ....might be surprised tho an it looks cool

Thread starter #8
Ive got 1x HRB 5000mah 50c 5s pack gonna see if i can sqeeze it in lol

2x HRB 5000mah 50c 4s packs i can run 1 or 2 in parallel for twice the run time

And I'm going to get 2x HRB 5000mah 3s packs to run 6s ive not tried it yet 5s is mental so 6 is just gonna be stupid hahahaha

Savage 6768

Yeah 6s is mental but so much fun :) The reason I asked as there not much choice of lipos out here unless you want to pay stupid prices. Only real choice is hobbyking.

Thread starter #10
I get my batts from ebay search HRB LiPo an loads come up i can get 2x 5000mah 3s packs for £70...i only paid £55 for my 5s an £40 for the 4s

Thread starter #14
I'm just not happy with the radio box because it dosent match the motor and esc mount i bought some more paint an its a good match to the purple aluminium on the truck ..ive got another radio box i might paint so its the same colour.

Jam Racing 1

NPTB Monitor, Master of the known universe....
HPISF Staff
Body turned out nice!!!

I like that tailgate alot also, my wife said that before also until I told her that RC was better than another woman :lmao:

Thread starter #19
First run with rc4me center diff blew a front tire in half after about 2mins of running defo need some heavy weight diff oil...i had put blue tak in it with some 60k diff oil...when i opened the diff up it had mixed with the oil an gone to hardly enything.