Savage XL K5.9 Build Needs Help (a.k.a. SAV100 Motor Saver Air Filter giveaway)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheelin Rev

Wheelin Rev here with his beloved Savage XL K5.9 from the August 2009 timeframe:

savage_xl_on_stand_(web).jpg

For those that don't remember me or don't know me, I have a neuromuscular disorder called MELAS that is a terminal illness. I've had great difficulty controlling this awesome RC truck and therefore have only run 1/2 gallon of nitro fuel through it.

As for hop-ups, that is what I bought this vehicle for. I had a 2004 Jeep Rubicon that I raised and added all sorts of armor to for rock crawling. When I became disabled, my intentions were to modify the RC truck greatly to give me the "wrenching" opportunities that I sorely missed when the Rubi was sold.

Well... Fast forward 7 years and 6 months and we arrive at the present day Savage XL K5.9 build-up which is still minimal. The body has been raised to accommodate some anticipated fuel tank mods for extra run times and better air filtering (imagine that) just in time for the awesome SAV100 Motor Saver Air Filter giveaway as announced in the thread located at https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/motorsaver-hpi-savage-air-filter.17354/. Even the Fail-Safe engine run mod has not been installed yet...

You see, I have been sicker than I thought I would be making me weaker in the hands and peripherals (I was already in a wheelchair before 2009). But I am still determined to make these mods myself. I just might need to solicit the aid of some helpful individual in my area to run my beast through my backyard obstacle course that consists of wood and steep hills making 4WD mandatory.

So here is hoping that I can win this awesome air filter which I know that I can install myself! <grin>

Long live the Savage XL K5.9!!!

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Back