Savage XL Flux throttle cutout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegitWizard

Hi all,

Recently received my Savage XL Flux & i seem to have an issue with throttle cutout.

When i received the car, the motor wires were not connected to the ESC, so i connected them myself. I've noticed that one of the connections is weak, doesn't hold by itself & that i need to use masking tape to keep it in place. Even when i do use tape to secure it, i appear to have an intermittent throttle cutout, seems to do it at random - sometimes works, sometimes just 'jutters' under throttle.

Does anyone know what this is, and how to fix it please?

Many thanks!

You should be able to carefully open the end of the male bullet so that it is a tighter fit into the esc. Most escs will reduce power when the LiPo voltage reaches Low Voltage Cutoff, or LVC. Check what the LVC is set to as default. Check your LiPo battery voltage to see if it above the LVC.

You should be able to carefully open the end of the male bullet so that it is a tighter fit into the esc. Most escs will reduce power when the LiPo voltage reaches Low Voltage Cutoff, or LVC. Check what the LVC is set to as default. Check your LiPo battery voltage to see if it above the LVC.
Thanks a lot, managed to carefully expand the end of the male bullets now fit snugly.

I've also noticed that despite working sometimes, under low throttle, nothing happens at all - you need to give it at least 40% throttle to get it moving, i'm using 2x 3s batteries and i get the usual 6 beeps on esc when starting up. Adjusting throttle trim doesn't help with this low throttle problem.

How do I check what the LVC is set to please?

Last edited:
Is it the stock esc? If so download instructions to find out...https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/120021. Not sure if you can use a program box/card instead of counting flashing LEDs. The ELH-6S looks like a Hobbywing esc so you maybe able to use Hobbywing's LED program box, though but you may only be able to change the first half of parameters on the programme box such as LVC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back