Savage xl flipping on turns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazzazh

Hi guys,
Is there anything I can do to make the savage more drivable in turns , at midium speeds if I am turning it will flip over . I need to brake to turn, almost to a stop.

Thanks a million

Gazz, the thread about the shock mod that max posted is a great mod. The only downside to the mod is that you lose some suspension travel for those big jumps but, it's still worth doin. Here's another tip for the same mod. Instead of usin fuel tubing, I use vacuum/fuel tubing from the auto parts store for a 1:1 car. I've found out that,over time, usin rc fuel tubing compresses and doesn't stay the length that you cut it because of how soft it is. So, when I did the mod to my LST shocks, I used some rubber tubing from the auto parts store. It's has a thicker wall and holds the cut length better because it's stiffer. All you have to do is take the shock with you, with the spring & lower rod end removed, and find the right size tubing to slide over the shaft. You can also use the same tubing on the shaft on the outside of the shock body, the piece that you see behind the spring. Hope this helps out some too.

i did the shock mod to mine and like you say you lose travel so i looked on the net and found a drive cup shaft conversion witch are the same as the hpi standerd trophy wheel drive shaft cups so then you can put exetened hubs witch i have done and thay are 17mm hex and using aka wheels for a truggy but you could use the 5.9 xl wheels witch are 17mm or big joes and so on i will post the like for the kit and post pictures so you can understand more in what i am saying

i did the shock mod to mine and like you say you lose travel so i looked on the net and found a drive cup shaft conversion witch are the same as the hpi standerd trophy wheel drive shaft cups so then you can put exetened hubs witch i have done and thay are 17mm hex and using aka wheels for a truggy but you could use the 5.9 xl wheels witch are 17mm or big joes and so on i will post the like for the kit and post pictures so you can understand more in what i am saying

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/HPI-Racing-Hub-Hex-Conversion-Set-17mm-Savage-87229-p-18010.html

this link is for the hub kit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380391655698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l264

this is a ebay link for the extenders but they have ended but it will give you some idea

hope this helps

Extended hexes will help handling, but also increase turning radius. Also, extended wheel sexes put extra stress on the bearings in the knuckles. So, you'll be goin through bearings a lot quicker.1/2" offset rims are a better choice for makin a wider stance.

i have not had a problem yet with bearings but your right in what you say with the bearings but it like everything you do with your truck you gane 1 thing but then could/can lose a nother but even with an off set rim you will still put stress on the bearings but I'm guessing not as much

also i have done with mine before is like toe in your top arm adjusted it so the top of the wheel are pointing in towords the shell witch is called possative camber i think or is it the other way round that one always gets me and in doing this as you corner the wheel will sit better on the track were if thay are straght then as you corner thay will move to the outter edge of the tyre witch then you will get grip roll

Not sure if you have tried it yet but, how bout the sway bar kit from HPI? Before HPI came out with their's I used a sway bar kit from Blue Grooves. I have to say it made a BIG difference on the track. I recently bought the HPI set and waiting to finish my build.

Not sure if you have tried it yet but, how bout the sway bar kit from HPI? Before HPI came out with their's I used a sway bar kit from Blue Grooves. I have to say it made a BIG difference on the track. I recently bought the HPI set and waiting to finish my build.

I've also got the HPI sway bar kit on the savvy. It helps out too. Only downside is that it only works with X style bulks. So those who are still usin the older bulks, the sway bar kit won't work. They also have a sway bar kit for the Savage XS, which I'm gonna get for my XS as time goes on.

Latest posts

Members online

Back