Savage x upgraded clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007st1300abs

Hon, I am looking to put a lrp .32 engine in my savage x . What should I do to upgrade the clutch and any other comments to handle the extra power ?

Make sure you have hardened steel spur gear and clutchbell, and the newest bulletproof diffs. Other than that you MAY have a issue with the smaller 2nd gear plastic gear in the transmission. If it strips, I believe they make a steel version for that as well. I personally have never stripped the larger one

Make sure you have hardened steel spur gear and clutchbell, and the newest bulletproof diffs. Other than that you MAY have a issue with the smaller 2nd gear plastic gear in the transmission. If it strips, I believe they make a steel version for that as well. I personally have never stripped the larger one
Ok , what does it come standard with for gears and diffs ?

What differentials it has will depend on what model of savage you have. However the transmissions all have the plastic gears on the middle rack

What differentials it has will depend on what model of savage you have. However the transmissions all have the plastic gears on the middle rack
Ok , I’m not sure what it has . Can both of the gears in the transmission be upgraded ??

I'm honestly not sure. I believe they sell a delrin set but I have never upgraded them my self so it is a little beyond my knowledge

I run an LRP30 in my X and the trans has held up fine. I've busted center dog bones a few times on less than stellar landings.

I have sintered BP diffs/alloy cups, SuperHD bones/tended outer axles as well. Even sintered, the BP diffs are miles better than the older smaller tooth ones, even the machined ones. The only thing I have to keep an eye on is the thin bearing (10x16) for the cup side as it likes to grenade. When that happens, if you don't catch it quick, it will cause damage to the ring/pinion because the diff flops around.

Latest posts

Members online

Back