1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savage x to xl

Discussion in 'HPI Savage' started by Juarezd, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

hey guys I’ve been thinking of converting my savage x to xl. I’m planning on going with flm xl tvps FLM45600. Also want to use the flm engine mount FLM45700. Will that mount work with the xl. I’ve looked at flm website and it says savage but I’m not sure if they man any savage. Also besides the rear shaft is there anything else I need. Sorry I know there’s other posts but I haven’t found one that answers my question on the mount.

2. NightFlier X4.6

NightFlier X4.6 Well-Known Member

Yes it'll work and why don't you go with the extended low center of gravity tvp's they come with the drive shaft.

3. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Does it lower the clearance a bit or not really? I saw them but decided not to because it’s lower center of gravity I figured the truck sat lower and I run a lot in sandy terrain. Also if I was to break the shaft do I need to get a custom one from flm?

4. NightFlier X4.6

Yes it does lower it a good bit I did it to my flux. As for the drive shaft I highly doubt you'll break it cause it pretty heavy duty. As for the sandy terrain you'll be ok the ground clearance don't change at the front and rear skid plates. Just in the center where the arch is in the stock tvps.

5. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Alright cool thanks also. I remember when I got the truck about 3-4 years ago there was a kit to widen the truck. I stopped messing with it about a year and a half ago because work until recently. Now I can’t find such kit. I know flm has one but with aluminum a arms and I’m kinda iffy they’ll break. Do u know what kit I’m talking about or the flm are worth the price?

6. NightFlier X4.6

7. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

That’s not it but I think it should work. Man why does it seem to be hard or expensive to get savage parts in the us now?

8. NightFlier X4.6

Because hip was bought out by rippmax for one. Two they supposuly are hpi parts hitting the shelves soon when soon is we're all unsure.

9. Juarezd

Juarezd Active Member

Oh ok man hopefully cause on eBay the prices are crazy and the shipping is worse.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted