Savage X Stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJC

Whats up guys. Haven't been here in a while. Took my savage out for the first time this year ( been real busy ) anyway... start up my savage get it running but sometimes after a high speed run it stalls out. Sometimes I have to give it s little gas while starting otherwise she wont start. Glow plug is good batteries all charged new fuel fuel lines good. Still running about 1/4 turn in on the HSN from factory. LSN about 1/8 in from factory. Could it be that my carb isn't set right? Runs great once up to temp. can't figure it out. blue smoke even a little sputter of fuel coming out of the pipe ( I mean a very little ) anyway thats it. BTW whats up with Horizon not selling HPI parts anymorecornfused. Thanks in advance.

ritchen up the hsn a tad it should be fune after that ... sounds like its running slightly lean once full throttle and it has cleard the fuel out then it stalls it out... try this first then go from there if it don't take care of it we can get you set with next step...

OK I'll try that. funny thing is, I only leaned out the HSN 1/4 turn from factory. But then again every engine is different. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
blue smoke even a little sputter of fuel coming out of the pipe < is it talling like vroooooooooooom then instant cut off or is it vroooooooooooom then high pitch wine till cut off ? might be too rich on the hsn...

blue smoke even a little sputter of fuel coming out of the pipe < is it talling like vroooooooooooom then instant cut off or is it vroooooooooooom then high pitch wine till cut off ? might be too rich on the hsn...

I should have been more clear. As soon as I totally let off the gas after a high speed pass it will just cut out. vrooooooooom (hits all three gears) love that sound!!! Anyway If I let off the trigger she will just die. No high pitch wine at all. Just shift through each gear rrrrr, rrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrr... I take my finger off the trigger and then she goes dead. Doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes when I feel as though it is going to happen I will give it a few blips of the throttle to keep her running. it's not something I can detect it's just I feel it might happen so I blip the throttle. IT's not happening when I hit the brakes. I have my linkage set right.

I'll try that as well. Idle seems to hang a little if I bring it up too much. Gotta find that sweet spot. All great advice. Just got to get out this week and see what I can find

I think that will help. Funny how you forget all these things. Gonna check my settings again. Gonna check the glow plug again. It's brand new but you never know. Thanks for the help guys

battyone was right thanks bro. brought up my idle speed a little now she doesn't stall while driving. just had to retune. running 1 and 5/8 turn in on the high and 3/8 turn in on the low end needle.

Cheers WJC,
Always good to see the outcome reply once the issues/s have been resolved. My only tune issue is after excessive idling is stalling out if I'm too trigger happy on the TX or stopping to top up the tank, but otherwise never seem to have an issue with the way my monsters run.

Latest posts

Members online

Back