Savage X SS electric flux conversion trans/drivetrain issue…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbnjzb

Hey there, it’s been awhile since I’ve messed around or bashed with my truck. I’m to the point of bringing it to a shop to get fixed but I built this thing myself and I’m not about that plus don’t have the extra cash.
So, when I drive it, it sounds like the gears are grinding. It goes a little forward then grinds and grinds in reverse as well. I’ve rebuilt the transmission at least 2 times then it works and now I have the same problem again.
It probably doesn’t help that I’m doing reverse backflips and bashing but its normally a beast! I don’t get 2 mins out of it before it starts grinding now and I can’t drive. It doesn’t look like the motor has moved at all. Also, the slipper is tight too.
I’m including a link to the video below so you can see/hear the issue. Hope the video helps.

Thanks!

Dave

Link to video

Cant see video, Probably front or rear diff gears if they are not the bullet proof versions, anycase strip them down. The aluminium 18/32 drive gear in the gearbox usually goes and should be replaced with heavy duty version.

Hey there, it’s been awhile since I’ve messed around or bashed with my truck. I’m to the point of bringing it to a shop to get fixed but I built this thing myself and I’m not about that plus don’t have the extra cash.
So, when I drive it, it sounds like the gears are grinding. It goes a little forward then grinds and grinds in reverse as well. I’ve rebuilt the transmission at least 2 times then it works and now I have the same problem again.
It probably doesn’t help that I’m doing reverse backflips and bashing but its normally a beast! I don’t get 2 mins out of it before it starts grinding now and I can’t drive. It doesn’t look like the motor has moved at all. Also, the slipper is tight too.
I’m including a link to the video below so you can see/hear the issue. Hope the video helps.

Thanks!

Dave

Link to video
Did you use a gearbox with the center diff? That helps you not blow up your diffs on landing from big jumps. Could be your problem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back