Savage X spur gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grego

Looking for info on Savage X spur gears.
Recently bought a used Savage X 4.6 RTR that was bought new in 2012.
It has a 49T #76939 gear in it,
but according to my .pdf manual it says it should be a 37T #76937.
If i picked up a spare gear #76937 i would assume there is some adjustment that could be made in motor mount to adjust for the slightly smaller diameter gear?
The reason i ask is i can only find a replacement 37T gear.
I wont mind the slight loss in top end.
Any input would be appreciated

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/savage46.html

That link shows the spurs that are stock and fit the savage X with zero mods....

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/savage21-25.html

That link shows the combo's available for the savage 21 25 and 5.9 and the spur is common to all the savage models

I have the 48/16 on my Savage x, what ever you do make sure to get the hard bell also otherwise a standard bell will not last long before the teeth are stripped off.....

Not sure where you are seeing a 37 tooth spur for the Savage as far as I know most are one of the sizes I listed above....

Looking for info on Savage X spur gears.
Recently bought a used Savage X 4.6 RTR that was bought new in 2012.
It has a 49T #76939 gear in it,
but according to my .pdf manual it says it should be a 37T #76937.
If i picked up a spare gear #76937 i would assume there is some adjustment that could be made in motor mount to adjust for the slightly smaller diameter gear?
The reason i ask is i can only find a replacement 37T gear.
I wont mind the slight loss in top end.
Any input would be appreciated
U8e38EI.gif

I'm guessing you mean 47T vs 37T. The 47T will work fine, however, I found running 49/16 (or 49/17... can't recall) worked better with higher power engines. My issue when I put in my LRP28S3 was that in second gear, the motor had enough torque to overtake the slipper when I ran in the grass with a 1/8th turn out on the slipper nut. When I changed to a 49T pinion, I lost some top speed, but my slipper held on when I ran in grass.

I eventually went with a steel 47T HPI spur and cranked down the slipper nut until it was fully compressed. Up to that point, my slipper would slip, then glaze over, then slip worse, then melt the center out of the spur. All in about 2 125cc tanks of fuel.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/savage46.html

That link shows the spurs that are stock and fit the savage X with zero mods....

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/savage21-25.html

That link shows the combo's available for the savage 21 25 and 5.9 and the spur is common to all the savage models

I have the 48/16 on my Savage x, what ever you do make sure to get the hard bell also otherwise a standard bell will not last long before the teeth are stripped off.....

Not sure where you are seeing a 37 tooth spur for the Savage as far as I know most are one of the sizes I listed above....

Big thanks for the info.
37 was definetly a miss print.
Should have been 47

Another related question.
Going from my current 49 tooth spur to a 47 tooth, will that increase or decrease my low end power ?

Decrease.

Larger spur - more torque, less top speed
Smaller spur - less torque, more top speed (if the engine can pull it)

Opposite for the bell.
Larger bell - less torque, more top speed (if the engine can pull it)
Smaller bell - more torque, less top speed

Decrease.

Larger spur - more torque, less top speed
Smaller spur - less torque, more top speed (if the engine can pull it)

Opposite for the bell.
Larger bell - less torque, more top speed (if the engine can pull it)
Smaller bell - more torque, less top speed
Do you think there will there be a big difference moving to a 47tooth ?

all things considered if you only change the spur and leave the bell the same it will be a little faster and most likely wheelie less...

Thats fine with me.
Thanks for the advice.
My stock 49 is like new, just buying spare parts i think I might need some day.
Hobby shops and online stores seem to to be out of stock on HPI stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Back