savage x second trip out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice vid. Looks like that X motor runs pretty good. You should build a kicker ramp, looks like you have the perfect place for it ;)

thanks, I'm toying with building a ramp, should be fun. i just cant believe the power. so much fun :D :D

as for tuning yours, its all luck at the moment ;) it would be good to go for a bash with another savage.

nice vid.
your engine seems to be well tuned.
your X pulls wheelies just as easy as my SS 4.6.

I'm already making the plans for a ramp :)
does anyone know any good sites that tell you how to make a good ramp?

spud said:
I'm already making the plans for a ramp :)
does anyone know any good sites that tell you how to make a good ramp?
no I don`t know any links but you should try to make it a bit hollow like in a half-pipe, that way you can put the nose up more easily.
I made one in the past for a mini-Z monster but when I tried my savvy on it
the entire ramp was shredded.
my savvy ran through the ramp instead of over it.
it was fun to see how the savvy reduced it to firewood in a splitsecond, it looked as if it exploded.
I used 3mm plywood to make a curve in the ramp but the next one I build wil have at least 4 layers of 3mm plywood and an oakwood frame.
I`ve been a wood machine worker for 6 years so that`s not a problem.

ok thats cool. I'll make sure I make it strong and post pics when I'm done.

try using several layers of thin plywood.
it bends easily and if you damage it you only have to put a new top layer on it.
That`s not if you build it like mine,I built it for a hopped up 1/28 scale monstertruck and then destroyed it with my savvy.
4 layers of 3mm watertight plywood should be enough.
if it`s not just put a new layer over it.
you won`t bend 12 mm plywood as easily as 4 X 3 mm.
if you build a long and steep ramp you can put carpet on it for better grip
and steering on the ramp.

what do you think is better (if they ended up the same height) short and steep or long and shallow, (if you know whati mean :) )

I wish I knew how to post a drawing.
the best way is to build a shallow start of the ramp and then curve it more the more it goes to the end.
if you build the start of the ramp shallow your savvy won`t hit the ramp so hard and it will lose less speed because of hitting the ramp so hard.
my first ramp for the mini-Z was quite steep and completely straight and after several jumps the front shock tower was broken.
after that I made a curved one which started quite shallow and then curved up the more it got to the end.
now I was able to do jumps with the nose 90 degrees up and land on the wheeliebar.
I tried doing loops and flips but I couldn`t drive it fast enough cause we have a slippery wooden floor in the living room.

in the living room hey spud i got same truck how you get it to wheelie that easy have you adjusted both needles or just high speed needle i just done about 4th tank

Latest posts

Members online

Back