Savage x refresh.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis Labarbara

I am going to do a refresh on my Savage x. I ordered a bearing kit from Fast Eddy, I have a heavy duty drive axle set and ordered heavy duty drive cups for the front/rear driveshafts. My 4 shoe clutch is good as are my brakes so I will reuse them. I guess I need some diff juice.

Am I forgetting anything?

Might be a tad obvious, but glow plugs? Check all gear mesh. Spur/ clutch bell. Pinion, ring gear on diffs. Some white lithium, or another grease you prefer, for the gears in your transmission. Perhaps replace the OWB in your transmission and on the engine.

Might be a tad obvious, but glow plugs? Check all gear mesh. Spur/ clutch bell. Pinion, ring gear on diffs. Some white lithium, or another grease you prefer, for the gears in your transmission. Perhaps replace the OWB in your transmission and on the engine.
X, there's a OWB in the transmission?

Thats why the spur gear turns freely in one direction without driving the wheels. It also why you can have first and second gears in mesh in the transmission at the same time.

I have Losi shocks with 30wt in them. A lot of the truck was repaired recently due to breakage. A new tranny, new diffs, 4 shoe clutch. I need to do the stuff that hasent broken. I will do the bearings and see what I find. My pull starter does slip until you get it wet with fuel. The drive cups are wore and I have a bit of a bind in the shafts at times. It wont roll when pushed anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Back