savage x brakes on 4.6ss? is it possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgoodw3

My brakes on my 4.6 ss are locking up and getting into the bell cluch I was wondering if you could go to the savage x brake system or if anybody has experinced problems with the 4.6 ss brakes hopefully they can tell me how to fix this problem. Before i narrowed it down to the brakes, tore up both the diffs that was fun, but I know they are done right.

thats what I got but for some reason the disks rub on the bell clutch

I have bashing my savage x brakes work good on my x. I will probly just have to buy a new center diff case so the I can get R done on my 4.6 ss savage. A screw hole is stipped out.

savage x dosent have duel steel disks i just got mine upgraded to them standard ones aint to great

don't get the X stock brakes

they suck massively. its a single fibre pad on the X, and the cup that the brake sits on is really big and has to be changed. the dual brakes are awesome (when seated) and i would reccomend them.. as someone said.. awesome stoppies.

what do you mean by "seated"? Do you mean installed right? because I think a screw hole is stipped out of the transmission when it was put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i also have the 4.6 with the duel disk brakes wich also rub agaist the clutch bell. i don't know why this is but it is a fundemental problem with the 4.6. with the design of the duel brakes. i have also stripped my rear pinion and crown gearand i think my front is on its way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back