Savage X and Mud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you drive your Savage through mud and water? If so, what do you do to "prepare" your Savage prior to such activity? We've had alot of rain here in Alberta, which makes for some fun construction site bashing...

It will be fine as long as you put something over the air filter to keep water off it. And don't go over the bottom of the tranny, I'd say

Yeah I've also considered doing the same thing myself as its getting closer to winter here in canada and the rain days will soon be snow . What I've done in the past was , a) made a homemade snorkel kit ( kinda like a mud truck has ) too keep most mud away from the filter in general ( instead up under the body ) I had it exit the rear window of my truck ( fairly centred ) and just made a 3D " U " snapped cut out of old plastic to cover it up drilled some holes and never had an issue getting soaked or muddy . Now I will add I would have to start the truck without the filter and body . Put body on then filter then plastic cup . But atleast I felt more at ease tearing up a mud pit and splashing water .
- side note - try your best to not fully submerge your engine in water . There's a good chance you can get it running again but there's also a good chance its toast . This I've learned . Twice . From personal experience . Hope this helps . I am creating another snorkel kit for one of my newer savages , so I could post pictures if needed ?

Motor Saver has an Outersaver pre-filter that's made to repel moisture and would make for a nice addition for winter running.

Latest posts

Members online

Back