Savage x 4.6 won't move

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryptek1

my savage x 4.6 won't move jut replaced clutch with aluminum clutch shoes from Hpi also changed clutch will hear to 16t and spur gear to 49t I was using the truck today in the grass and on pavement then all of a sudden it stopped moving but the motor revs up clutch bell and spur are spinning at idle when I move the spur gear the wheels don't turn any help would be great

is the slipper possibly backed off? if it is not that then check the setscrews on the transmission outputs to see if they are in place and locktited down good....

First I suggest looking at the manual for your vehicle. Hold your clutch Bell still and spin your spur gear to make sure it's not slipping. If the spur and clutch gears are good make sure ur lockscrew is tight! If you're spinning spur gear and no tires move could be differentials, c cups, bad tranny.. Just familiarize with your manual and check out YouTube <o.

The trans outputs are right on the transmission, there is a setscrew in each one holding them to their shafts, it is common for them to fall out, and yes by all means become familiar with the manual and how the truck is put together.....

12_d2f61956-3600-46ba-b835-430c1e4a0336_large.jpeg

dh-kitted-hpi-1-8-savage-xl-octane-assembled-3-speed-metal-gear-transmission-brake-kit-1_large.jpeg

thats is where you will find the drive cups, one end has the brakes on it the other is just a drive cup attached to the shaft....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back